Talk

Advanced search

To HATE the sodding Iceland advert?

(59 Posts)
SantaMousePink Sun 12-Dec-10 17:28:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

panettoinydog Sun 12-Dec-10 17:31:15

Do you mean the circussy pseudo-burlesque one with Donovan in suspenders?

It is so awful, I laugh so I sort of like it.

SuePurblybiltByElves Sun 12-Dec-10 17:32:11

Hate it. Hate the shouty, fishwifey "mums". Hate the vom-looking food. Hate the screaming naffness of it. Worst. Advert. Ever.

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Sun 12-Dec-10 17:32:15

Which one's that then?

I've just seen the creepy bear in the freezer advertising Birds Eye, I love bears, but I don't like him.

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Sun 12-Dec-10 17:34:16

Oh the can can one shock

It's fucking awful, 11 month DD2 loves it though (and the Go Compare ad) and was clapping and laughing at it earlier, I'm hoping it's just a phase grin

onimolap Sun 12-Dec-10 17:36:43

It seems bizarre to me that they've chosen a riff which could be either T.Rex or Gary Glitter.

SpringHeeledJack Sun 12-Dec-10 17:38:07

I hate those yorkshires with the meat protein type substance rolled up in 'em

me and ds both said "eeeeewwwww" at the same time

fayc84 Sun 12-Dec-10 17:38:21

YANBU - I hate it too. And the CGI Andrex one. And Go Compare and all the other annoying singing ones.

A blood donor advert (might only be in Scotland) had me in floods of tears the other night. The woman was appealing for viewers to give blood to save her baby. I burst into tears, crying 'I would if I could but I'm not allowed because I'm pregnant!'. Poor hubby didn't know what to do, just stroked my hair and told me it was ok because the woman was an actor and there wasn't really a dying baby off-screen. But I still get teary thinking about it. I think I need to just watch things on Sky+ and skip the adverts...

I love the Ikea ad with all the cats though - my husband calls me through if I'm in the kitchen and it comes on so I can smile at the kitties. lol

TottWriter Sun 12-Dec-10 17:39:18

TBH, all Iceland ads are utterly naff.

It's a rather patronising, sexist line to have taken, that the food buying and preparing is a woman's job. They all blur into one to me.

Flisspaps Sun 12-Dec-10 17:46:00

They're really quite outrageous.

bramblebooks Sun 12-Dec-10 17:49:10

Yep they're awful

SantaMousePink Sun 12-Dec-10 18:17:58

huffypuffymummy Sun 12-Dec-10 18:18:01

You can have the iceland ad as a ringtone btw grin

SantaMousePink Sun 12-Dec-10 18:23:03

LifeForRent Sun 12-Dec-10 18:25:04

Ah well, when I shop in Iceland which will be when hell freezes over, it'll clearly be because sluts doing the Can Can appeal to my degenerate brain.

huffypuffymummy Sun 12-Dec-10 18:27:01

*Standard network charges apply. Not compatible with iphone4.

Rupreckt Sun 12-Dec-10 18:27:40

Imagine my horror when the children and I went to an anniversary do last week and the hostess said, 'Mums go to Iceland.' And she had!!

It was vile! Not a lettuce leaf in sight! Just vomit prawn rings, chicken tikka and my Waitrose chocolate cake!!!! <snob emoticon>

usualsuspect Sun 12-Dec-10 18:30:20

I hate the advert,but I do shop in Iceland sometimes [common]

pinguwings Sun 12-Dec-10 18:41:02

HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!

I thought my hatred was irrational, glad to see others feel the same. Telly gets turned straight over when it comes on, far worse than Go Compare.

Mostly because the song just sounds terrible. It doesn't scan, the two tunes don't fit together, it's just urgh!!

SpringHeeledJack Sun 12-Dec-10 18:45:34

pinguwings

he he he he he

Pixel Sun 12-Dec-10 18:51:54

It's so awful I actually can't bear it and have to press the mute button until it's over. And it seems to be on all the time.<wail>

My favourite Christmas ad was the Matalan one but I've only seen it a couple of times.

crockydoodle Mon 13-Dec-10 15:33:32

I actually quite like it but I hate Iceland and avoid it if I can. Although in our house, sometimes Dad goes to Iceland.

Gogopops Mon 13-Dec-10 15:38:54

I agree that the advert is truly awful. Not quite as awful as their food thought which is mostly shite.

frgr Mon 13-Dec-10 15:39:09

i fucking hate it

don't shop in iceland now, what with their "there's why mums go" twaddle

their marketing dept should do better. it's easy, and lazy and no doubt effective, but it's not commendable or effective for GOOD reasons.

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 13-Dec-10 15:41:29

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: