Talk

Advanced search

AIBU: DH is in a mood with me

(11 Posts)
prettymuchapixiegirl Sat 11-Dec-10 23:07:11

for seemingly no fucking reason.

He went out on a work night out last night (lads night out, not a formal work evening) in a town 40 miles away and stayed away overnight. He got home at 9 this morning and went straight out to do his hobby until 2pm.

Since he got back at 2pm he's been in a bad mood with me. He says he's tired, which I don't really buy as an excuse TBH. He's made no attempt since he got home to do anything for or with the children. He's just giving me one word answers and/or ignoring me or snapping at me when I speak to him.

AIBU in wondering what the fuck I've done to make him be in a bad mood with me? He's had a night out, a day doing what he wants too, while I've had a fluey type bug and carried on as normal looking after the kids/cooking/cleaning and now he's in a bad mood. I have booked an Asda order tomorrow morning and mentioned a while ago that I might pop to town in the morning as I need to get a present for my friend's DD who has a birthday this week, plus I would like a child-free hour, and now he's in an even bigger mood about the fact that he might have to put the shopping away on his own. Despite the fact that the shopping is normally delivered during the week and I put it away by myself every fucking week.

Grrrrrrr

LaurieFairyonthetreeEatsCake Sat 11-Dec-10 23:09:27

What did he do?

Or is he just being an arsehole?

Sounds like he got reminded how much fun single life was.

Twat

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Sat 11-Dec-10 23:11:18

Could just be a hangover? But if it was that bad would he have gone out to do his hobby?

Something happened at the works night out?

MrManager Sat 11-Dec-10 23:12:48

Perhaps he found out your terrible secret...

prettymuchapixiegirl Sat 11-Dec-10 23:13:18

Laurie he went out for a Chinese and then to pubs etc last night.

I've never had a problem or had reason to mistrust him going out alone but today when he was out (I don't feel I can say what his hobby is as it's quite unusual and might give him/me away) I text him about something fairly important and he didn't reply, however on my FB home page it came up that he was now "friends" with several girls he went to school with, so he was obviously on his phone just ignoring me. He didn't reply to my text at all, just phoned me at 1.45ish when he was on his way home and made out he hadn't looked at his phone until then....

LaurieFairyonthetreeEatsCake Sat 11-Dec-10 23:17:31

Sounds like he was chatting and flirting with girls and now feels guilty

Tell him you know about the phone facebook thing

spaceman Sat 11-Dec-10 23:19:27

Pretty, if you read back on your threads you will see that you are ltaking us down a road that leads only to one conclusion: That he's misbehaved last night - to a certain degree (maybe innocent) with another woman.

I'm only saying this because there's nothing much else to input here other than that.

Has that not crossed your mind at all? Subconsciously it's seems to be what you believe.

prettymuchapixiegirl Sat 11-Dec-10 23:19:55

He's snoring his head off on the sofa now, will tell him about the FB thing in the morning though....

I know it sounds irrational but I'm really quite angry with him, he should be pleased to see me after being away from home for 24 hours but he hasn't kissed me or even been near me really :-( It isn't like him

I feel like getting up early and going out for the day and leaving him to it with the kids.

prettymuchapixiegirl Sat 11-Dec-10 23:21:34

Spaceman, I think subconsciously I am thinking that but he's never really like this, and in the 10 years we've been together I've always felt very relaxed and secure in our relationship.

I don't really feel I can bring up the subject with him without looking like a paranoid twat though

spaceman Sat 11-Dec-10 23:26:34

Aw I feel for your Pretty. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation, or that he just got his head momentarily turned by an old flame or something and that it'll all be gone by tomorrow. It's not nice, but if you've had a good, strong relationship for that amount of time then this really won't amount to much I shouldn't think.

I'd leave it to see what he's like tomorrow. Light-heartidly tell him that he should lay off the booze from now on because it turned him into a grumpy git and see his reaction to a bit of a ribbing about it.

I'm sure it's a flash in the pan. Hangovers make me feel very low and emotional so it may just be that he really was suffering and fuzzy headed.

prettymuchapixiegirl Sat 11-Dec-10 23:28:58

Thanks spaceman

I think you're right in that it could be the hangover causing him to be like that, he did mention this morning that he had a slight one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: