Talk

Advanced search

To want to remove phallic graffiti from a nearby lampost with nail polish remover?

(25 Posts)
cupcakebakerer Sat 11-Dec-10 09:44:14

My husband thinks I've flipped my lid - and I may well have done - but I think it's a bad reflection on our street to have a big penis drawn with black marker on one of our lampposts. Have I officially turned into Hyacinth Bucket?

Towatessa Sat 11-Dec-10 09:48:38

No, YUNBU!

lionheart Sat 11-Dec-10 09:53:55

No, remove it on aesthetic grounds. It sounds ugly. smile

cupcakebakerer Sat 11-Dec-10 22:15:53

If I get spotted I will die of shame...do you reckon the council would come out to do it?!

SuePurblybiltByElves Sat 11-Dec-10 22:17:49

Add pubic hair and the number of the local GUM clinic.

cupcakebakerer Sat 11-Dec-10 22:28:27

It already has pubic hair...It haunts my dreams.

SuePurblybiltByElves Sat 11-Dec-10 22:30:51

grin

icapturethecastle Sat 11-Dec-10 22:37:35

YANBU - we had a house in our street with a mattress in the front garden for ages. It drove me crazy I kept leaving notes on it asking them to move it. My DH thought I was mad. Was actually to scared to knock and ask them to move it - wimp. Would def be at that lampost - you could always ring the council.

RubberDuck Sat 11-Dec-10 22:37:40

Call up the council and report the graffiti - they should come out to clean it.

You might need the lamppost number to identify it.

thenightsky Sat 11-Dec-10 22:39:22

it would take a lot of nail varish remover. Can you just spray paint over it? grin

fayc84 Sat 11-Dec-10 22:40:10

I misread that as 'phallic giraffe' and wasn't sure what on earth that would look like or why it was on a lamppost lol time for bed soon I think!

monkeyjamtart Sun 12-Dec-10 00:38:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

victoriascrumptious Sun 12-Dec-10 00:45:34

I draw penises on most things.

monkeyjamtart Sun 12-Dec-10 00:47:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

southeastastra Sun 12-Dec-10 00:48:49

hehe

greenbananas Sun 12-Dec-10 00:49:57

Good for you! - report it, definitely, but if your local Council don't sort it out very soon, yes, by all means get out there and clean it off / cover it up yourself. It's the kind of thing that 'spreads bad vibes' and really brings a neighbourhood down.

ShanahansRevenge Sun 12-Dec-10 00:50:47

Oh no...I hate the penis pictures that kids seem obsessed with drawing!

I mean come on! How Neanderthal is that!?

"Ug...will draw picture of big man penis"

Is it always boys who do it? Or do you think girls do too? You don't se many pictures of fanjos adorning walls and lamposts do you?

kelly2525 Sun 12-Dec-10 00:51:47

Another immature one here, I drew one in the snow on my neighbours car

ShanahansRevenge Sun 12-Dec-10 00:53:17

Why Kelly? Why not do a fanjo next time!?

Stand up for the sisterhood!

grin

GrendelsMum Sun 12-Dec-10 09:00:06

<ponce alert>

When I see penises drawn in public places, I like to imagine that I'm in Ancient Rome, possibly in Pompeii in the days just before the volcano, and that these are protective symbols scribbled hopefully around the city to protect us from Impending Doom. It livens it up a bit, I find.

I was quite impressed to see a graffito of five conjoined penises in a fan shape drawn on my bus window the other day. The psychology behind it was quite fascinating.

VictorianIce Sun 12-Dec-10 09:39:24

"five conjoined penises in a fan shape"

Are you sure it wasn't a picture of a hand?
grin

cupcakebakerer Sun 12-Dec-10 10:51:12

Ha ha GrendelsMum you've tickled me with your coping mechanism.

My husband reckons it's a rite of passage for all pre-teen boys to be able to draw 'the penis cartoon'. Ugh.

kelly2525 Mon 13-Dec-10 20:24:22

Shanahan Fanjos are more difficult to draw, so would take longer, and well, I dont want to be seen doing it do I? Incase the neighbours think Im odd grin

Engels Mon 13-Dec-10 20:27:00

Be careful. Vigorously scrubbing at it could be misconstrued... wink

MrsPennySworth Mon 13-Dec-10 20:36:55

But penises have endless creative possibilities compared with the fanjo. I mean, there's so much more character you can add to a penis.

Does it have lots of pubes? Is it wrinkly? What about a huge wart on the side and will that wart have a few hairs also?

Fanjo is just a simple triangle of hair... Nothing more, nothing less. Boring!!

Mattress in the front garden urgh... It's like people who chuck their old sofas in the garden, I mean why would you do that?? It doesn't look pretty, it's all wet and smelly and it spoils the view from my back window!

But to answer your AIBU - no, you're not. But I'd take the cowards way out and ring the council!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: