Talk

Advanced search

To have ignored the pile of clothes that need to be hung up/washed/folded in our bedroom because it's Friday night and I can't be bothered?

(24 Posts)
Mowiol Fri 10-Dec-10 22:10:25

I regard Friday night as "slob night". OK I only work 4 days a week but I need a slob night..... cos, well, I'm a slob!!

I could rush off and do "stuff" when I get home but it will still be there tomorrow and Sunday. And no-one will die will they if I am a slob?

Just trying to justify myself!!

BitOfFun Fri 10-Dec-10 22:14:14

I know how you feel. But I have just press-ganged dp and dd1 into helping me tackle the massive laundry monster which has sat there all week and we cleared it in an hour. I just couldn't face it all myself.

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Fri 10-Dec-10 22:14:48

Of course not!!! Friday nights are for relaxing aand doing nothing but watching tv and eatting junk, well at least my Friday is lol

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Fri 10-Dec-10 22:14:58

Of course YANBU, Friday night does have a certain quality to it.

I've never thrown off that teenager IT'S FRIDAAAAY feeling.

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Fri 10-Dec-10 22:15:47

Whatcha eatin'/watchin' polly?

Nuttybear Fri 10-Dec-10 22:16:09

I want to be a slob but can't because I've worked sooooo slowly today doing the #***#!*
Housework eating chocolates and drinking tea inbetween. Right I've made a decision going to dump the clean dry clothes pants in the ironing basket and wipe the hob Dh won't know the diffence! Mowiol re-read your post are you still at work? shock

QueeferSantaland Fri 10-Dec-10 22:17:28

Nah.

I've got two baskets of clean laundry on the landing I'm ignoring. Successfully, may I add.

Mowiol Fri 10-Dec-10 22:17:48

Ooooh thanks - so I'm not abnormal.

I get my feet up, pour a glass or two of wine and watch crap on TV/eat crap.

Looovely!!

walkinginaWUKTERwonderland Fri 10-Dec-10 22:19:53

Oh feck it, you're right it'll still be there in the morning.
It's just so bbbboooorrrringgg, housework.
Dossing around on the internet is much better.

Mowiol Fri 10-Dec-10 22:20:41

Nuttybear - Nooooo! Not at work!! Did it sound like I was??
I'm talking end of working week, at night, relax time!

Longstocking2 Fri 10-Dec-10 22:21:05

oh god, me too and my inlaws are coming but the place is such a hog sty that I don't know where to start.
I'd need the bloody marines in her for a week and that would be just to find my children under the blardy laundry clean and unclean.

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Fri 10-Dec-10 22:21:43

I'm eatting home made nachos and chocolate peanuts, plus some haribobs!!! mmmmm and we have just flicked on duece bigalow!! lol

Mowiol Fri 10-Dec-10 22:26:06

Longstocking....... I have not your excuse of small children so you are perfectly justified!! I am just a slob.
I have lemon and coriander dip plus crisps. Sadly no choccy this week (apart from some truly vile truffly shit that DH bought from Lidls).

PatTheHammer Fri 10-Dec-10 22:30:01

YANBU
I have successfully ignored my fully fledged floordrobe for almost the whole week.

It will certainly keep till tomorrow.......or maybe sundaywink

tomhardyismydh Fri 10-Dec-10 22:35:41

good on ya, i was juet telling my sis onb the phone what a shit hole my house is, but Im drinking wine and proud grin

dd had a party tonight one tomorrow and one sunday. luckily she doesnt want to go to football tomorrow so im slobing out tonight and will do it in the morning...If I can be arsed.

loving floordrobe pat.

Nuttybear Fri 10-Dec-10 22:37:46

I just thought you said 'I could rush off and do "stuff" when I get home' so I thought.
Nevermind ....can't do the stuff this weekend as I've over organised in November to go uptown with Ds & friends to see the lights, Sunday - a kids party. Already decided not to do Chinese New Year and that's in February Ha! ha!

Nuttybear Fri 10-Dec-10 22:39:14

tomhardyismydh When I was single, no kids I was such a slob that my sis came around and did an Aggie on me blush

bessie26 Fri 10-Dec-10 22:40:18

dammit - you've just reminded me I've got laundry in the machine & in the tumble dryer... oh well, it'll still be there in the morning! grin

am loving floordrobe... I have my own chairdrobe!

Mowiol Fri 10-Dec-10 22:44:30

Ha!! - I have a chairdrobe. Love these new words I learn on MN!! grin

MaureenMLove Fri 10-Dec-10 22:45:01

There has been a rule in my house, for many years now, that the kitchen is closed and all domestic duties cease at 5pm on a Friday. If you want food, you make it yourself.

Friday night is slob night.

tomhardyismydh Fri 10-Dec-10 22:46:45

nuttybear im ashamed to say my sis has 4 dcs and works full time, I have 1 dd and dont work, just study, lol. and her house is spotless and never any laundry, shes a bit anal about washing tbh. I think she may be aggy!! wish I was some times.

id love someone to do an aggy on me

Nuttybear Fri 10-Dec-10 23:01:48

Tom No don't be ashamed.... You need to get your Sis to a Doctor pronto....sad If she's working full time with 4 kids and the house is spotless (I assume you mean she doesn't have a cleaner) then she must be working until midnight to sort house out. Read in The Times this week that not getting enough sleep is very damaging to your health. Unless of course she sleeps and relaxes at work smile

Mowiol Fri 10-Dec-10 23:27:04

Be a slob!
Be a slob!
Be a slob!
Be a slob!

........ that is the Friday Chant!

Well, it is in my house anyway!

Longstocking2 Sat 11-Dec-10 20:09:33

chairdrobe!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now