Advanced search

not to tell dd I broke her model

(19 Posts)
twoteens Fri 10-Dec-10 13:56:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thingumy Fri 10-Dec-10 13:57:45

Just tell her.It was an accident.

cakeywakey Fri 10-Dec-10 13:59:23

If she broke something of yours that you were proud of and didn't tell you - and you then found out - how would you react.

Of course you should tell her - it won't send out the right message otherwise, and you feel guilty enough already. And she can't make you feel clumsy and crappy, only you can let yourself feel like that.

Sorry to be a bit harsh!

knackered76 Fri 10-Dec-10 14:02:28

I would tell her. She might well find out later and then she'll know you lied to her and that would be soooo much worse. Plus the whole setting an example thing!

MarniesMummy Fri 10-Dec-10 14:05:18

'Fess up twoteens.
Horrid though it may be, it's a double standard not to.

You never know, she may just suprise you.smile

twoteens Fri 10-Dec-10 14:09:17

Loonies Fri 10-Dec-10 14:42:52

In my we didn't study such things as 'tech' we studied Algebra and Arithmatic, oh and grammer bear

fel1x Fri 10-Dec-10 15:44:26

Do something nice for her to say sorry to soften the blow. Cook her favourirte dinner or get popcorn and offer to have a movie night in with her or something.

Whippoorwhill Fri 10-Dec-10 15:48:44

I probably shouldn't say this but a couple of years ago I knocked over a model that DS1 had made at school. I superglued it together and totally forgot to mention it. He has never noticed!

TwinklePants Fri 10-Dec-10 16:20:23

Loonies are you sure you studied grammer or was it grammar? If you're going to be snooty, at least be accurate.

twoteens Fri 10-Dec-10 16:22:50

usualsuspect Fri 10-Dec-10 16:24:56

I think I would tell her ,I'm sure she will be ok about it ...oh and ignore the loongrammar police

twoteens Fri 10-Dec-10 16:35:09

Loonies Fri 10-Dec-10 16:47:32

Twinkie- One is allowed to make mistakes. Its been a long time since I was at school and as an elderly lady my memory is not what it was.

Teenie- Apologies I was not attempting to make fun of you or your grammar in anyway. I was just giving an elderly persons perspective on the situation.

Susie- It is extremely rude not to mention bossy to tell others who to ignore and who to speak to

usualsuspect Fri 10-Dec-10 16:51:59

Who the fuck is Susie ...Me? sorry mum wink

SantasKnickersOnMyHead Fri 10-Dec-10 16:53:51

How is that a perspective?

Your comment had nothing to do with the op as it was and then bring her down on her grammar, yet you spelt it wrong yourself hmm

Loonies Fri 10-Dec-10 17:04:21

Santy- I have already said that I did not intend to offend Teenie. I was merely reminiscing about my own school days, it was an honest mistake. Now lets have some festive cheer, put a hat on! grin

SantasKnickersOnMyHead Fri 10-Dec-10 17:06:25

But you are only pretending to be an old lady, are you not?

Loonies Fri 10-Dec-10 17:13:21

Yes Santy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now