Talk

Advanced search

to think that Prince Charles & Camilla had no idea what was going |on?

(14 Posts)
EggFriedRice Thu 09-Dec-10 22:56:37

Honestly were they not aware of the protests, are they living on another planet or so rich they dont care?

scurryfunge Thu 09-Dec-10 22:57:35

Both.

EggFriedRice Thu 09-Dec-10 22:59:33

{grin] grin grin

GiddyPickle Thu 09-Dec-10 23:00:03

I don't think either of them was driving the car though or that either of them get much say in the route it takes. That's all down to their security team who for some reason thought a jaunt through central London in the midst of break-away protests might be a good idea
And who can blame Charles or Camilla for reacting and looking shocked - I'd be absolutely terrified to be mobbed like that.

UnquietDad Thu 09-Dec-10 23:02:14

Yes, bash the toffs, turn over their car, that'll be one in the eye for those damn tuition fees turncoats, eh? That'll show 'em.

Jesus Christ...

SparkleSoiree Thu 09-Dec-10 23:02:59

It was disgraceful behaviour and regardless of who you are nobody should have to endure that kind of violence.

EggFriedRice Thu 09-Dec-10 23:03:00

But lets face it it is reality, great to see them in the thick of it, you never know Charles may actually agree with the protesters even though it will never affect his family. He's sort of likeable.

missnevermind Thu 09-Dec-10 23:11:42

It is quite shocking though that our future King could just run into it like that. What were the security team thinking ?
It could have ended quite differently.

sethstarkaddersmum Thu 09-Dec-10 23:12:45

oh, I'm sure Charles believes in education for all, but he also likes having loads and loads of money....

LadyThumb Thu 09-Dec-10 23:14:34

What frightens me is that neither of them are wearing seatbelts! Short memories, both of them!

GiddyPickle Thu 09-Dec-10 23:15:18

EggFriedRice - No its not great to see anyone in the thick of that. It must have been terrifying. The people who surrounded them and the violent protesters in general are ignorant, troublemaking thugs who wouldn't benefit from a university education anyway (as demonstrated by the fact that they are obviously intent on gaining a criminal record quicker than a degree and that they possess the type of character to seize upon a soft target and inflict harm and misery on others). Educated or not they will still be tossers so they might as well save themselves 30 grand!

sethstarkaddersmum Thu 09-Dec-10 23:17:09

maybe they undid them in case they needed to jump out and run away. Gawd - what a terrifying thing to happen.

Fortheverylasttime Thu 09-Dec-10 23:33:27

They left in a police van.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 09-Dec-10 23:42:39

GiddyPickle - ITA. These two individals had absolutely nothing to do with the matter being protested about. And intelligent people, which you'd hope all potential students would be, should be able to argue their case logically with words, not incoherently with missiles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now