Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to read the AIBU threads to cheer me up when I m having a bad day?

(20 Posts)
childminder90210 Thu 09-Dec-10 12:43:32

Whenever I m having a bad day I read a few AIBU threads and generally it makes me laugh the things that aggrivate people or the stories people write, especailly this tome of year, about DHs or ILs. I guess thats a bit bad isn't it?

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 09-Dec-10 12:44:41

Whatever gets you through the day. I am alternately cleaning the kitchen and MNing. 15 minutes kitchen, 60 15 MN.

childminder90210 Thu 09-Dec-10 12:46:28

That seems like a good idea to me

ramblingmum Thu 09-Dec-10 12:47:21

You've caught me at it. Just been to town and supermarket with dds (4y and 18months) so needing to calm down.

childminder90210 Thu 09-Dec-10 12:48:51

I m not the only one then

nickeldonkeyonadustyroad Thu 09-Dec-10 12:50:33

i do it too!

i have MN on in my shop and do it between customers.

(of which there have been shockingly few today - I can never work it out!)

altinkum Thu 09-Dec-10 12:50:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

childminder90210 Thu 09-Dec-10 12:53:26

Ooh poor you being so unwell. and how frustrating this time of year

FindingAManger Thu 09-Dec-10 12:56:59

I must confess I find the "IN-LAWS" threads particularly enjoyable. Well I say enjoyable but I do often sympathise really, but as a whole a good 'in-laws' thread is something really special.

(Counting my lucky stars I get on with mine quite well & I'm easy going enough not to get too het up about stuff)

ledkrsbellyislikesantas Thu 09-Dec-10 13:03:03

finding i like them too but often wonder if reading so many has made me a tad obsessed with my own not too bad just slightly intrusive pil.Some are amazing arent they?Cant believe the dh's who allow their Mums to treat their wives like that shock

childminder90210 Thu 09-Dec-10 13:06:04

Yes the PIL ones are odd, and I agree how some DHs can allow their wife to be treated like that is beyond me. I live too far away from mine for it to affect me too much

FindingAManger Thu 09-Dec-10 13:13:39

PIL'S, SIL'S, BIL'S - they all work like therapy for me grin

I do have a murderous SIL but she lives so far away she doesn't bother me at all.

guhdoo Thu 09-Dec-10 13:19:28

A good inlaws thread allways cheers me up as well. I know its sad really but makes me feel normal again.

becstarlitsea Thu 09-Dec-10 13:25:58

Sometimes I go onto AIBU looking for a bit of light relief, and end up depressed and irritated. I like it when it's just a bit bonkers, but not when it's a long story of people being mean to each other and then huffy and defensive when people tell them they ABU.

Not as bad as the Relationships topic though. There's some dark stuff on there. Hearing about a cheating/abusive (D)H, from someone who clearly isn't going to dump them is just miserable. I must stop looking at it.

tinselthechaffinch Thu 09-Dec-10 13:29:27

I know, I've had to ban myself from Relationships as it was affecting my sleep (too upsettting), and I also found myself waiting for DH to say anything that could be faintly construed as controlling-bless him, I had quite a long wait!

I like the MIL ones and am also fond of an appalling customer service one. Oh, and horrible neighbours...

childminder90210 Thu 09-Dec-10 13:38:06

Seems like its therapy for most people then, I m glad I m not the only one, and even my DH will say to me "Oh go and read AIBU and calm down a bit will you!!" If we are having an arguement Or I use it like this - "Hey come and read how bad this person is, and it will make you see I am practically perfect "

BootyMum Thu 09-Dec-10 13:47:26

Love AIBU. It totally cheers me up when I am having a bad day. Not that I don't sympathise with some of the situations MNetters are having to deal with [particularly unreasonable PIL] but the comic writing of some of the posters is superb. I find myself chuckling and reading bits out to bemused DH. You have to really immerse yourself in a thread to get it sometimes and the humour doesn't always translate I guess. But it always makes me feel better!

ledkrsbellyislikesantas Thu 09-Dec-10 14:54:21

Anyone noticed that when posting on the pil threads a few mn's come on to give you a good flaming? Really annoys me,they must have great in laws who respect them and their time but doesnt mean everyone has.

childminder90210 Thu 09-Dec-10 16:46:40

I agree with you led, you have to have nightmare PILs to understand peoples frustrations

BeerTricksPotter Thu 09-Dec-10 16:49:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: