Talk

Advanced search

not to buy presents for "other" friend

(8 Posts)
redskyatnight Thu 09-Dec-10 12:13:40

I'm off at the weekend to stay with a friend who has a baby. I was planning to take flowers and a small present for the baby as a thanks for having me to stay.

however,friend 2 (who lives 20 minutes away from friend1) will also be coming over for a large part of the weekend. We don't normally buy presents for each others children but I've now starting feeling guilty that I am buying something for friend 1's DC but not friend 2's ...

Friend 2 has 4 DCs of differing ages so it will be expensive and a pain to now go out and buy for them.

WIBU not to get them anything?

classydiva Thu 09-Dec-10 12:15:02

Taking something for just the child who is present in teh house you are staying in is enough.

Alternatively don't take anything other than the flowers and send the gift when you get home.

kenobi Thu 09-Dec-10 12:15:46

Token gift like crayons? Or call friend 1 and ask if friend 2 is expecting gifts?

nannynobblystockingnobs Thu 09-Dec-10 12:15:59

You don't need to buy them anything.

StayingDavidTennantsGirl Thu 09-Dec-10 12:37:09

How about one of those big tins of chocolates for friend 2 and her family to share?

octopusinabox Thu 09-Dec-10 12:44:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ontariomama Thu 09-Dec-10 12:46:55

Maybe whip up a batch of gingerbread for the kids?

MsKalo Thu 09-Dec-10 12:50:18

Batch of gingerbreads is a great idea - but otherwise just give gift when others are not around!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: