Talk

Advanced search

to want to stamp my foot and shout WHERE IS MY PERIOD!!!!!

(14 Posts)

I came off the pill 11 weeks ago to start TTC and apart from the intial withdrawal bleed, have had no period since. Ben to the doctors who checked thyroid, etc etc which all came back normal so the Dr said basically try and forget about it and give it another 3 months. All of which is sensible but I just want to shout WHERE is my period?!!!!!!!

No-one in real life I can rant to as I don't want to put too much pressure on us if they know we are TTC, so I'm ranting here instead!

wineonafridaynight Wed 08-Dec-10 16:15:37

Similar only different contraception! I feel for you!

nattivitycake Wed 08-Dec-10 16:18:06

Have you done a pregnancy test?

Mishy1234 Wed 08-Dec-10 16:19:02

How frustrating. Once you've made the decision to TTC you just really want to get on with it don't you. Hope things get back on track for you soon.

ProcrastinationEatsTime Wed 08-Dec-10 16:19:19

um, have you (both) tested? Ovulation comes before the period, obviously. it's not unheard of to conceive before your first period, be that after coming off contraception, after having a baby or just before having your first ever period...

POAS wink

It's so frustrating waiting for it isn't it-having no control over it.

Unfortunately yes nativity, I've done 2 in the last 8 weeks and both negative.

Poogles Wed 08-Dec-10 16:19:37

I have very irregular periods and am always shouting 'where is my period!!'.

39 days so far since last one - hoping it will show up soon as I have a wedding a week on saturday and generally can't move for the first day or so as I also have excessively heavy periods! (Sorry - taking over your post with my rant!)

My friend came off the pill and didn't have a period for 4 months then found out she was pregnant so no news is good news for you maybe?

Fingers crossed Poogles! Initially the plan was to use other contraception until I had a period (just to get things back on track) then actively TTc. But since its taking so long we are just getting on with it now and yes hopefully it'll be a positive result soon!

Hopelesslydisorganised Wed 08-Dec-10 16:23:43

I have PCOS and at the age of 44 have quite enjoyed NOT having periods so I was mightily pissed off when I woke up to a flood two days ago. Luckily I still had some stuff from the last time my body decided to spring a surprise on me. So - guess your period is with me - you are welcome to it as I hate them.

wineonafridaynight Wed 08-Dec-10 16:24:13

Yes - 6 tests! All negative. I thought I ovulated last month but then no period. I think my body is slowly starting to click back to normal.

Hopelessly, if you could give it back this weekend that would be great. Not next weekend as I am plannign to get drunk at a party then have sex. Thank you.

Wine when did you come off it?

Ray81 Wed 08-Dec-10 16:27:38

I have a period right now, you can have it if you want it. grin

Seriously though when TTc DD2 for 5 yrs i had times when my period was either late or did not arrive and it does drive you crazy.

Good Luck i hope it arrives soon and you are pg soon.

wineonafridaynight Wed 08-Dec-10 16:29:27

It was depo I was on and last injection due in July. Was on it before and on the second month I had a period and then they were like clockwork. On depo it can take up to 18 months though.

TBH I've recently lost my job so timing isn't good now where as it was before, but have no desire to go back on contraception. Much happier off it and DP earns OKish money so it wouldn't be a disaster.

Would still like my period though!

Hope you get yours back soon and get the + result you want!

Thanks everyone, and good luck to you Wine. it really is scary how much hormonal contraception tricks your body isn't it. No doubt when it does eventualy return I will be cursing its arrival and remebering why I went on the pill in thr first place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now