Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to resent DH taking the day off to play his computer game?

(14 Posts)
Kirk1 Tue 07-Dec-10 16:10:03

DH has taken today and tomorrow and possibly Thursday off to level his World of Warcraft character to top level. This I don't have a problem with, the only reason I'm not joining him is that he ordered me the collector's edition and it hasn't arrived yet... (Oh, and one of us has to get some sleep and take the kids to school/fetch them afterwards etc...)

What I'm having a problem with is that Tuesday and Thursday are my "housework" days (I work the other three days a week) and it seems odd, and strangely disquieting having him at home. I've barely managed any of my normal housework today because I'm standing behind him going "Oooh, that's pretty" and "Agh! that looks big and scary!" I have the same problem if he's at home because he's ill. My normal routine is disrupted. I have wasted spent more than my usual amount of time on Mumsnet today and drunk about twice the number of cups of tea.

OK, I know I am being unreasonable, I just want to know if it's normal to feel a little... intruded on?

JamieLeeCurtis Tue 07-Dec-10 16:14:33

YANBU to feel intruded upon, but I don't get the taking a day off work to play computer games.

Sounds addictive to me. Will he seriously do it all night?

PuppyMonkey Tue 07-Dec-10 16:15:06

You're both a bit sad IMHO - get a life. grin wink

TheMeow Tue 07-Dec-10 16:20:16

DH's has yet to be delivered but when it is because we only have 1 computer I don't expect to have any mn time at all sad

But he wouldn't take a day off work to play it.

Although he did take a day off school to do the same thing once hmm apparently work is more important because you get paid.

Kirk1 Tue 07-Dec-10 16:28:50

Thanks Puppy, we have a great life thx grinxxx We just enjoy computer games more than telly! DH owns his own business, so he can take days off whenever he likes (in theory) but he's never had the opportunity to have a marathon session at the release before, so he decided to do it this time. For both the other expansions there was some crisis which only he could solve that prevented him. So far he's had about 2 hours sleep in the last 36 hrs...

Poor Meow sad We have plenty of computers here - more than one per family member! and since DH works in the computer games industry he could call it research....

NestaFiesta Tue 07-Dec-10 16:33:29

I suppose its up to you and him really, each to their own, but personally if my man was playing computer games for three days solid and was over the age of 16, I would just find it really unattractive.

TheMeow Tue 07-Dec-10 16:34:42

Well as long as it's research....

dh builds computers and wants to do another one but I have too many pairs of shoes and pretty baby clothes that I need to buy before we can save up for another computer anyway. Plus I'd rather have a laptop so I can mn in bed grin

I tried to play wow once and got to level 10 but then my Sims needed me more than my Mage...

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Tue 07-Dec-10 16:35:42

Weeeeeeelll... I think people who spend their days chatting to big hairy truckers wink on the internet should be very careful about chucking the word 'sad' about grin but...

wink

ItsAHolyJollyTee Tue 07-Dec-10 16:37:10

I hate it when DH is home on my days without our son at home! Those are my days.

So you are not being unreasonable at all.

Just a little sad because it's WoW. grin

Prinnie Tue 07-Dec-10 16:42:12

YANBU to feel intruded upon - I hate it when my routine changes. Is your DH aiming for a 'Realm first'?!

We ordered 2 copies but only one has arrived - DH has massively chivilrously (sp I know) has said I can install the copy that has arrived on to my account!

lizziemun Tue 07-Dec-10 17:04:11

Count yourself lucky DH has booked his last 8 days holiday to play it.

Kirk1 Tue 07-Dec-10 17:36:00

Prinnie, he was, but it's already gone to someone else. "Guild first" is the next aim. Since our guild isn't massively hardcore I think that's possible. Likely even. It was nice of your DH to let you take the first copy I get the special edition because I'm into collecting pets! I'll probably play Puzzle Pirates until my copy arrives.

lizziemum, I'm not sure I'd be happy with 8 days solid! Especially when he doesn't take 2 weeks for the family holiday most of the time

santadefiesgravity Thu 09-Dec-10 13:23:34

Tell him I think he's sad!!!! And my dh thinks he's sad too!!!!!

grin

Aims80 Thu 09-Dec-10 16:29:20

World of Warcraft is a very disturbing beast! People lose their lives to the thing don't they! I can't understand it.. I've never played it but it seems to be fairly addictive doesn't it! I'm sure it's fun etc but I have a certain image of those that play it! (Meaning no offence!)

Saying that though, when I come home from work and my DF has been off for the day, I'll often find him playing championship manager on his x-box. It goes off as soon as I get in though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: