Talk

Advanced search

To not get ds a VECTRON WAVE

(5 Posts)
sitdownpleasegeorge Tue 07-Dec-10 14:06:35

Ds1 approaching 8 and still just about believes in FC/Santa

He wrote his letter to Santa last week (school was closed so he had plenty of time on his hands) and it's been sent up the chimney via a roaring fire that we had at the weekend.

Main request was for a Vectron Wave and this came out the blue as previously he'd been saying for months that he would like a Hot Wires set.

Well, I've been on Amazon and the reviews for Vectron Wave are pants, no-one really rates it, mostly pointing out that it's partly made from polystyrene so breaks easily, and they are selling for about £50-£60 but through work contacts I can get one for a lot less. It's still a lot of money for something that seems destined to disappoint.

I should also mention at this point that trying to plan ahead I had already bought him a Hot Wires set as they seemed to be selling quickly (didn't want to get caught out and pay inflated ebay prices later on), the reviews were plentiful and very encouraging.

Should Santa substitute Hot Wires for Vectron Wave with maybe a note detailing some excuse or other ?

strumpet82 Tue 07-Dec-10 14:15:12

Stick with what you've got, he'll forget about Vectron Wave once he has Hot Wires infront of him.

Numberfour Tue 07-Dec-10 14:18:06

YANBU. DS (aged 6) was desparate to get one and was so upset with the birthday fairy f*cked up in October and got him something else. I also read the reviews and having told him that I wanted to see what it was that FC was looking at bringing him, I told him that other people said that the Vectron thing had really bad reviews and that it did not work properly. He accepted that. he is getting a Scalectrix set instead.

The reviews are awful and I will not be getting DS one ever. He will play with it for a few minutes and then get peed off that it does not work!

sitdownpleasegeorge Tue 07-Dec-10 14:26:28

It's bizarre, you seem to get a lot more for your money with Hot Wires and the reviews are much better, why do ds1 and apparently half of the boys in his class want the Vectron Wave thingy ?

I'm kicking myself for not showing him the Amazon reviews but I suppose as he is so close to giving up belief in FC I didn't want to give him any evidence that Mum/Dad got involved in anyway and certainly don't want him to associate the arrival of Amazon cardboard boxes with his letter having been sent a few days earlier.

Numberfour Tue 07-Dec-10 14:44:32

no idea what hot wires are..... off to have a google! grin

and to do the school run.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: