Talk

Advanced search

to want to be Kate Humble?

(10 Posts)
ChateauDeLaShite Mon 06-Dec-10 21:23:22

She's just so fresh-faced and angelic and friendly. She wears nice Barbour jackets and she gets to cuddle baby lions and tiger cubs for her job.

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 06-Dec-10 21:25:10

yeah but she's a woman tv presenter in her 40s so she'll be sacked for getting wrinkles in a year or two <cynical>

Em3978 Tue 07-Dec-10 09:15:22

And she has no children to wear her out!! ;)

strumpet82 Tue 07-Dec-10 09:17:57

But she is so pretty. If she had kiddies I bet she wouldn't look so fresh faced. Still, I want her hair.

GrimmaTheNome Tue 07-Dec-10 09:20:15

YANBU, except I think I'd find working with Chris Packham a bit irritating.

ShoppingDays Tue 07-Dec-10 09:29:05

Quote from Kate Humble in a Telegraph interview here

“I’m aware… that there aren’t many older women on screen,” she says. “So I do look around me and think my day could be up at any minute – but how much of that is simply because people have had their time? It’s fashion, rather than sexism, I think.”

Personally I don't agree with her on that one.

FindingMyMojo Tue 07-Dec-10 09:30:55

"yeah but she's a woman tv presenter in her 40s so she'll be sacked for getting wrinkles in a year or two"

OR - they will put her in a yellow & red jump suit & she'll get to take over from Sarah Jane on Mighty Mites in a couple of years!

sethstarkaddersmum Tue 07-Dec-10 09:35:49

what does she mean by 'fashion rather than sexism'? Surely they're not either/or - sexism is very fashionable among tv execs at the moment it seems!

IWantToBeAFairyWhenIGrowUp Tue 07-Dec-10 09:39:38

"OR - they will put her in a yellow & red jump suit & she'll get to take over from Sarah Jane on Mighty Mites in a couple of years!"

I hope not, I hate that show. I really like Kate and I disagree with the PP saying 'But she has to work with Chris Packham'. I loved him as a kid and he's got to be a million times better than Bill Oddie

GrimmaTheNome Tue 07-Dec-10 09:55:44

Oh, I like Chris Packham as a presenter, just think I might have to hit him occasionally if I worked with him!grin

You have to like someone who gets that excited about holding a woodcock!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: