to be glad I dont live in weatherfield

(25 Posts)
PatFig Mon 06-Dec-10 20:55:52

It looks like a bloody war zone

ItalianLady Mon 06-Dec-10 20:56:55

I was watching like this shock.

mamadiva Mon 06-Dec-10 21:01:58

The blast was well doen but AFAIK trams don't bounce hmm

Was v.shocking though, I reckon Ashley is defo for the chop... too many references to him 'saying goodbye'

mamadiva Mon 06-Dec-10 21:02:47

And that stnt cost £1 million... really?!

DanceInTheDark Mon 06-Dec-10 21:03:47

it was shit.

That is the first time i have watched it in about 9 years and expected much better for the build up. It looked like stop motion animation.

Mind yo better Weatherfield than Midsomer grin

Dolanette Mon 06-Dec-10 21:04:30

It was a bit horrific!! Poor Rita and Baby Jack

curlymama Mon 06-Dec-10 21:04:41

I'm thinking about boycotting ITV altogether after the 'news' clip at the end. But then I'd have to give up Judge Judy. So I might just return to my original boycott of the tripe that is Coronation Street instead.

Needanewname Mon 06-Dec-10 21:05:05

So who died then?

ChippingIn Mon 06-Dec-10 21:08:43

What was the news clip at the end?

I was half watching but mumsnetting working at the same time and I didn't see the newsclip?!

My thoughts/guesses

Alive - Ken, John, Deidre

Dead - Rita, Molly, Jack, Nick, Ashley, Bobby (Beckys nephew - think that's his name)

for starters...

FindingMyMojo Mon 06-Dec-10 21:08:50

looks like Molly might have got a bit squashed.

curlymama Mon 06-Dec-10 21:10:54

It was like the real news but it was pretend news, like a little advert. The sort of thing they put on when the news at ten is coming up and there is something major to report. Except it was about a fictional programme. Totally cringeworthy.

twirlymum Mon 06-Dec-10 21:15:38

I agree about the news thing. Weird.

I don't usually watch Corrie, so I felt like a voyeur just tuning in to see the explosion/crash blush

Icoulddoitbetter Mon 06-Dec-10 21:23:10

It was a bit rubbish but the tram flying towards Molly did actually bring tears to my eyes! I wonder how many people will complain that it was a bit graphic for before 9pm?!

mamadiva Mon 06-Dec-10 21:35:00

Never seen the news thing.

Only 3 characters are being killed off. I thought it was going to be the xmas storyline.

ChickensHaveNoMercyForTurkeys Mon 06-Dec-10 21:36:18

I liked the bit where the arse end of the tram reared up and then squashed Rita.

ChippingIn Mon 06-Dec-10 21:38:37

Oh I'll have to have a look on iplayer.

Mama - where did you hear it was only 3, I thought it was going to big quite a cull? I wonder if Molly dies and Jack lives then if only 3 die (or does a baby not count in the head count?).

SpringHeeledJack Mon 06-Dec-10 21:40:58

<marks place in case someone comes along and tells us who's deed>

my brain is so fried by constant internet twatting that I can't actually be arsed to watch Corrie all the way through anymore sad

taintedsnow Mon 06-Dec-10 21:47:59

There is no way Jack is dead, rumours for months that Kevin and Sally raise him, too rich a storyline there for them to write him out.

Heartbreaking to see Molly running with him....

ApricotWorms Mon 06-Dec-10 22:32:18

I'm watching it now, has John Stape just killed whatsherchops?

mugggletoeandwine Mon 06-Dec-10 22:34:23

Yep.
Four are dying, and she is one of them.

DancingThroughLife Mon 06-Dec-10 22:35:17

Will this be on itv player or repeated tomorrow do we think?

I forgot it was on and went out. blush.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 06-Dec-10 22:38:34

I just don't think a Manchester tram would come off the viaduct like that..... all a bit over the top. Did anyone see the very first episode sandwiched between the two current ones tonight? It was so stilted and static - it was of course all done live then.

TheSleepFairy Mon 06-Dec-10 22:43:38

Apparently 2 die in the crash, 1 is murdered, fizz goes into labour & the baby is born very prem & very unwell but John is no-where to be found.
Someone gets married & I have heard that Sally ends up raising baby Jack.

So I think Molly & Ashley will die (his wife & children will go & live in France)
John has obviously murdered that nutter so will just chuck her into the aftermarth & blame it on the accident & then does Leanne marry Nick or Peter?

<sit's back & awaits the flaming for the spoiler>

DanceInTheDark Mon 06-Dec-10 22:44:18

The trams are barely running so the liklihood os very small lol!

ApricotWorms Mon 06-Dec-10 22:44:57

It's going to take Norris months to pick up all those sherbert lemons and humbugs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now