Talk

Advanced search

To think that we could get 3 DCs in a VW Polo

(6 Posts)
LornMowa Mon 06-Dec-10 14:34:07

Old MPV is done for. I'm shocked to see how much a new one would cost. Would it be unreasonable to expect 3 teenagers to travel in the back of of Polo sized car on the 2-3 long trips that we do per year. Most of the time I would only need to transport 2 children at a time or do my short commute. We are good at packing light so I don't think we need a big boot.

DanceInTheDark Mon 06-Dec-10 14:38:30

teenagers is fine. i thought you were talking about younger children. If they don't like it they will have to learn to drive asap wink

LaWeaselMys Mon 06-Dec-10 14:40:01

If you mean driving to Italy long it's a bit tight.

But no, sounds fine to me.

Serendippy Mon 06-Dec-10 14:40:44

YANBU. Now breathe in...

SingySongy Mon 06-Dec-10 14:41:49

I used to have a polo. Don't think I ever could have travelled with 3 adults in the back - depends how big your teens are. The middle "seat" is one of those half size ones isn't it, and mine only used to have a lap belt (may be different now?).

Also, do check out the boot. It's tiny. I used to have to put my buggy on the passenger front seat, as it wouldn't fit in the boot.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Mon 06-Dec-10 14:43:12

YANBU about the comfort thing, but what about the weightconfused

When I was at uni and had a mini, it was horrid to drive with 2 in the back. It felt really sluggish and hard to drive.

I realise this was many years back, cars are not so crappy now and probably a vw polo is alot bigger anyway than my tiny little mini<ramblesblush>

If you can't afford a new car, stick with what you've got.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now