Talk

Advanced search

aibu to ring the police or would you call their landlady

(64 Posts)
thesecondcoming Sun 05-Dec-10 21:40:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AitchTwoOh Sun 05-Dec-10 21:42:23

oh GOD how awkward for you. if it's that strong maybe they are actually growing it..?

MemooMerrilyOnHigh Sun 05-Dec-10 21:43:07

I am very liberal about smoke dope but in this situation without doubt I would call the police

clumsymumsnowdriftbaby Sun 05-Dec-10 21:44:05

knock on their door,proffering cupcakes...tell them it bloody stinks and if they dont do something you'll have to tell their landlord...

AitchTwoOh Sun 05-Dec-10 21:44:14

I KNOW I KNOW! ring the community police and ask them to come round and advise you on burglar alarm etc. they will do that round here, send a lovely chap out to check your windows. and hopefully he won't have a blocked nose...

Tortington Sun 05-Dec-10 21:44:40

ask for a % ?

AitchTwoOh Sun 05-Dec-10 21:44:42

lol at cupcakes. take monster munch and chocolate brownies...

ilovemyfestivehens Sun 05-Dec-10 21:45:17

Houses that stink of skunk are sometimes because the inhabitants are growing it, as opposed to just smoking it.

You should inform the police. I'd go bananas if my kids had to put up with that angry

TattytinsellooksDevine Sun 05-Dec-10 21:45:36

I would move into DS's bedroom and see just how stoned you get sleeping there. If not every stoned, then you need to sleep longer, or just go upstairs and score off them.

Sorry its no joke I know but I can't help it. I am juvenile.

seimum Sun 05-Dec-10 21:45:37

Call landlady, and call the police if she doesn't.

Hassledge Sun 05-Dec-10 21:45:37

Go and tell them the house reeks of skunk, you're not happy and can they please stop forthwith. They'll get the message that if they don't you have a higher authority to go to - they're not really in the strongest of positions here, are they?

I can't see why it would smell growing, IYSWIM. I'd imagine the growing and the smoking smell are different - they just need to go outside/elsewhere.

thesecondcoming Sun 05-Dec-10 21:46:16

ilovemyfestivehens Sun 05-Dec-10 21:47:09

I bet the bloody landlord doesn't know about it angry

There've been numerous cases of people renting houses just for the sole purposes of growing this stuff and they trash the house and cause a hell of a lot of damage. Perhaps they're quiet because they're not actually there.

curlymama Sun 05-Dec-10 21:47:31

If it smells all the time, they are probably growing it.

Is there any way you can talk to them about it? Say you are a bit worried because someone in your family is a police officer and has said they noticed it? It might be enough to make them stop, or at least do something to hide the smell. I wouldn't bother telling them you are worried about your dc's, they are unlikely to sympathise.

ilovemyfestivehens Sun 05-Dec-10 21:48:44

Do they have their heating on all the time?

expatinscotland Sun 05-Dec-10 21:48:53

I think they're growing it. I'd ring the coppers.

thesecondcoming Sun 05-Dec-10 21:48:59

ilovemyfestivehens Sun 05-Dec-10 21:49:12

and their curtains/blinds closed?

ilovemyfestivehens Sun 05-Dec-10 21:49:55

they're growing it, you really need to call the police.

Errmmmm Sun 05-Dec-10 21:49:56

Has all the snow melted on the roof of the house? I read somewhere today that this is a sure sign that the house is a cannabis farm grin

Seriously though, have you seen the neighbours coming and going at all, or heard them moving around in the house? Most cannabis farms aren't residential - they rent them and use them purely for the farming, someone pops in from time to time to water/check the plants.

I walked past a farm once when the police were clearing it. It stank to high heaven shock

AitchTwoOh Sun 05-Dec-10 21:50:20

it absolutely STINKS when it is being grown, apparently. it was on an episode of that Coppers show on CH4, tsc, you should have a look. the police raided it and felt utterly stoned after five mins. oh, and it was just like ilovemyhens said, rented and left.

JaxTellersOldLady Sun 05-Dec-10 21:50:27

so the lady next door to you - two doors away from skunk stinky house can smell it too? or is stinky house inbetween yours and hers?

TitianTinselTemptress Sun 05-Dec-10 21:50:48

I like Aitch's idea - and please come back and update, I lack excitement and need to know the outcome!

ellenjames Sun 05-Dec-10 21:51:50

haha when i first started to read the op i thought you meant skunk the animal!! Sheltered life or what!!

nigglewiggle Sun 05-Dec-10 21:52:04

Are the windows blacked out? Is there lots of condensation inside. All good clues that they are growing. It does sound like it to me.

Hdroponics (the set-up used in cultivating cannabis) requires a lot of electricity so often the growers rig up dodgy electrics to bypass the meter. This could be a major fire risk for your family.

If it was me, I weould call the police.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: