Talk

Advanced search

to think that if this was a child,

(9 Posts)
ModreB Sun 05-Dec-10 16:15:34

it would be taking his ball home in a sulk on a massive scale?

ChaoticChristmasAngelCrackers Sun 05-Dec-10 16:23:13

YANBU but quite frankly he shouldn't have been offering a free stay to anybody unless he was planning to personally fund it himself.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 05-Dec-10 16:29:08

quite, CCAC

olderandwider Sun 05-Dec-10 16:29:32

I imagine the Dorchester was in on the freebie? For the publicity? Perhaps Travelodge will step into the breech now grin

curlymama Sun 05-Dec-10 16:34:17

I think Boris did the right thing there. There would be plenty of complaints of he was offering a free stay at a World class hotel to people that blatantly shafted us.

venusandchristmars Sun 05-Dec-10 16:42:37

So 'we' are squeaky clean in all our actions, 'we' are not involved in bribery and corruption, but if 'we' extend an invitation to you, and then you don't vote for us, we'll withdraw the offer of hospitality hmm

That sounds like a bribe to me.

ModreB Sun 05-Dec-10 17:05:55

venus yes you are right.

I just had the vision of Boris as a DC, bottom lip stuck out - "If you won't play the way I want you too, I'm taking my hotel rooms back. Nah nah na na nah."

venusandchristmars Sun 05-Dec-10 17:49:32

And it was £1,000 per night for each of them for the duration of the Olympic games - no wonder the bid cost £15m!

Vallhala Sun 05-Dec-10 18:24:22

All those things I said about Boris... I take them all back.

You go Boris!

I think I've just fallen in love with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now