Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask you for advice?

(4 Posts)
rpickett Sun 05-Dec-10 15:12:11

Posted in chat but not had much response.

I wondered if anyone on here is able to help me, I have been having an ongoing issue with Phones4U and three now for a few weeks and I have had enough and I am planning on going in to Phones4U tomorrow and giving them hell, however I don't exactly know how (I'm usually very shy).

Right...
About 2 months ago I went to P4U to take out a sim only contract with 3. they did it all there, passed credit check etc BUT couldn't take my ID as it wasnt the correct type, so I leave store after being told sorry but they cannot complete the contract and it has all been cancelled.

A month on I get a phone call from 3 demanding payment for the sim only contract monthly amount, I explain the above but they dont understand (call centre not in uk, non english speaking agents) so I go all the way to P4U and ask what is going on, turns out even though they didn't accept my ID the contract was still taken out (without my knowledge) by mistake, they phone 3 to explain, 3 demand payment and a letter of cancellation explaining I would have to pay 2 months money (1 for the month before I knew about any of this and the 1 coming up due when they get the letter).
P4U told me they would send a cheque to me for the amount to be paid and I will then pay 3.

Now one month on I still haven't recieved a cheque and 3 are phoning on a daily basis querying payment, I spoke to 3 again explaining the above and they put it on the notes on the account but told me they will still phone for payment until it is recieved.

I feel P4U are taking the royal piss with this as even though it is a sim only contract I now have 2 defaults on an account I never took out and it is damaging my credit rating due to non payment and they aren't exactly being helpful in getting it sorted quickly.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to get them to pull their proverbial finger out?

JingleBelleDameSansMerci Sun 05-Dec-10 15:23:05

Suggest you email the CEO of 3 (email address is kevin.russell@three.co.uk) according to this site. Explain the situation and respectfully ask that the calls to you are ceased and that Phones4U are chased for the missing payments. Also suggest you find out who's head of Phones4U and do the same.

I work for the biggest communications company in the UK (yes, that one) and I know that emails to our Chairman are taken very seriously. This is also true of other comms companies including Vodafone. It's absolutely the fastest way to get things sorted out.

im afraid i cant much help.but have you tryed citizens advice? they are very helpful lovely people,and im sure if they cannot help,they will know who can.smile

x post with jinglebelle id do what she says! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now