Talk

Advanced search

to think mnhq should do away with all the hundreds of topics and categories that have evolved on the site over the past 10 years, and just have AIBU?

(43 Posts)
nameymcnamechange Sat 04-Dec-10 22:24:20

And re-brand the site as AmIBeingUnreasonableNet?

Because it seems people want to post about anything in AIBU in order to get lots of replies.

How pathetic!

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 22:26:30

I normally stick it in Chat if I want lots of replies grin

but come to think of it, your question isn't really an am I being unreasonable either hmm

nameymcnamechange Sat 04-Dec-10 22:27:31

Of course it is!

AgentZigzag Sat 04-Dec-10 22:27:58

Yeeaaahhhh <<Denise Royle style>>

Posters like lots of answers, if you're up for a night on the lash, you're hardly going to go to the quietest pub in town are you?

And your reason for not posting this in chat is...?

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 22:28:58

No, it's not. You've just phrased it so it sort of fits into this category grin

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 22:29:36

this should be in Chat category really.

nameymcnamechange Sat 04-Dec-10 22:31:26

This is classic AIBU you fuckers.

anothermum92 Sat 04-Dec-10 22:32:22

Message withdrawn

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 22:32:54

No it's not. Stick it in Chat, they'll be glad to read it over there grin

newwave Sat 04-Dec-10 22:33:00

I wish "politics" was more popular.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 22:35:41

They need a Serious Discussion Area perhaps. Chat seems a bit frivolous sometimes.

AgentZigzag Sat 04-Dec-10 22:38:58

I recon politics is deliberately made out to be boring as fuck to keep the plebs from getting involved - lots of power in the hands of a few and all that.

I'd be more interested if it was as outrageous and emotional as AIBU.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 22:41:06

I find Off The Beaten Track very strange. They go on about Shiney stuff a lot in there, but I dunno what that's all about confused

I must be missing something hmm

maryz Sat 04-Dec-10 22:41:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

newwave Sat 04-Dec-10 22:42:57

Zigzag, I do my best

AgentZigzag Sat 04-Dec-10 22:50:18

But I've never been into the politics bit, or the feminism, perhaps because I don't think they apply to me IYSWIM.

But then I foraged into pets last weekend, posting something that meant a lot to me, and I wished I'd put it in chat.

The posters who replied were lovely, but I think it only got a handful of replies, and it feels like I wasted my opportunity.

Perhaps I should repost it in chat? Is that bad form though?

scottishmummy Sat 04-Dec-10 22:52:27

not pathetic at all.patently popular and well used.and mnhq recognise aibu as busiest topic.people like it

why is it pathetic?does it offend your sensibilities?

your post could also be considered inane bibble babble and consternation about nowt

AnnieLobeseder Sat 04-Dec-10 22:53:20

YADNBU! My favourite bit of MN. I rarely venture elsewhere, cos the rest of MN isn't nearly as much fun.

nameymcnamechange Sat 04-Dec-10 22:54:45

We have someone wanting advice on dandruff in AIBU tonight. Not long ago we had someone wanting to know what people were having for Christmas dinner in AIBU.

If people cannot use the site properly then why bother to have separate topics at all?

scottishmummy Sat 04-Dec-10 22:59:35

use site properly?you arent moderator or mnhq.you arent in any way able to determine proper or improper use of mn

nameymcnamechange Sat 04-Dec-10 23:02:08

Why do we have separate topics SM?

maryz Sat 04-Dec-10 23:03:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

anothermum92 Sat 04-Dec-10 23:04:18

Message withdrawn

Hassledge Sat 04-Dec-10 23:04:37

I think the topics are great - the whole world is there, neatly subdivided. I'm completely with you on the insane use of AIBU to generate traffic, and the urge to start filing is more than I can bear at times.

However, I stick just about everything in Chat because that way I can be sure it will disappear in 3 months - I love that. I don't like the thought of some virtual paper trail out there. So I also tend to disregard the topics.

scottishmummy Sat 04-Dec-10 23:04:48

unlike you i dont really care where what people post.and i dont have notion of mn proper

do you want topic bouncers to maintain order.nah not style and beauty love.not tonight

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: