Talk

Advanced search

No, I'm not but my 5 year old is!

(24 Posts)
only1malteaser Sat 04-Dec-10 22:19:04

What 5 year old boy on the planet doesn't have a Chrismas list as long as his arm? I even sat him with the argos book but he cirled loads of stuff his siblings might like but next to nothing for him! I really need some suggestions on a good gift please help!!

overmydeadbody Sat 04-Dec-10 22:20:34

my 7 yr old could only think of one thing.

Get him some books. You can never have too many books.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 22:21:59

It might be too much money, but the DSIs are really good - my dcs have had one for ages and they love them.

SaggyHairyArse Sat 04-Dec-10 22:24:06

Mine never ask for much which makes buying hard!

Preggersplayspop Sat 04-Dec-10 22:24:27

My ds, 3, has asked for some plastic joke dog poo.

We went to a Santa grotto today and he asked him what he wanted for Christmas, I was a bit nervous what he would say but luckily he was struck dumb by the whole thing!

Lego?

qualitystreetrosescelebrations Sat 04-Dec-10 22:24:41

My 5 year old only wants 5 things -
ipod touch
gaming chair
xbox 360
mobile phone
laptop

I've had to get him to think of something affordable that can be special.

An orange t-shirt.

confused

I'll watch this thread for inspiration.

SaggyHairyArse Sat 04-Dec-10 22:25:43

J D Bug scooter?

BarnMummy Sat 04-Dec-10 22:27:12

My DS (also 5) wants or loved receiving for his birthday recently: globe, a cushion of his own (his younger brother was given one), a tea set, books on space and the underwater world, binoculars, morphibiams alligator (remote control amphibious vehicle from ELC), as much Lego as anyone can have, Shaun the Sheep DVDs, duvet covers in Toy Story and dinosaur designs.

Does that help at all?

only1malteaser Sat 04-Dec-10 22:27:41

Thanks has a dsi and would recommend, what's a JD bug scooter?

simpson Sat 04-Dec-10 22:28:40

My 5yr old has asked for:

A guitar

Ben10 outfit

sweets

mini cereal boxes (mean mummy won't let him eat chocolate cereal any other time of the yr!!)

binoculars.

simpson Sat 04-Dec-10 22:29:38

Oh I forgot, he has asked his grandad to the get Toy Story 3 DVD

only1malteaser Sat 04-Dec-10 22:30:53

Oh quality street you are in trouble!

TheUnmentioned Sat 04-Dec-10 22:34:51

Ds is 4 so I dont know if I am much use but he loves imaginext toys, he is getting the space shuttle and other space things for Xmas and birthday. Would highly reccommend them, he plays with the stuff he has already loads and they are pretty hardy and alot of them dont make noise dont need batteries.

TheUnmentioned Sat 04-Dec-10 22:35:53

This

qualitystreetrosescelebrations Sat 04-Dec-10 22:36:56

I know - unfortunately that is what happens when you are the baby in a very techie household, you grow up too quick.

What happened to cars?

When did boys stop just asking for cars?

ReindeerBollocks Sat 04-Dec-10 22:38:08

My 7 year old DS wants a joint present with his 19 month old sister.

A big pink play house.

It could always be worse wink

Nanny0gg Sat 04-Dec-10 22:41:13

My 7 year old DS wants a joint present with his 19 month old sister.

A big pink play house.

It could always be worse

<Huuuuge grin>

junkcollector Sat 04-Dec-10 22:58:14

My 3 year old DS2 wants:

Thomas Thingies
Drum Kit
Drum Helmet
A new golden teddy who will be friends with his old (not golden)teddy cos his old teddy doesn't get on with any of the other(squillion)teddies in the house.

I'm struggling with the drum helmet.

DS1 who is 7 at least has sensible, if expensive requests(and he's not getting them all)

Ben Ten Alien creation chamber
Lego Harry Potter game for the DSi
Mr Gum books
Camera

ReindeerBollocks Sat 04-Dec-10 23:01:44

Just a tip Junkcollector that Ben ten Alien thing is a major pain in the arse. DS got one last year and bits were everywhere by lunchtime. Good luck (or maybe you've good children unlike mine who don't create masses of mess!)

junkcollector Sat 04-Dec-10 23:07:29

Oh yeah I'm sure it would be. That's the thing he's not getting. I've got enough plastic crap lego under my feet already without adding to it.

InkyStamp Sat 04-Dec-10 23:11:41

I feel your pain. My five year old has given us NO ideas this christmas. And he really isnt 'into' anyhting either!! Painful! I am stuck!

DrSeuss Sat 04-Dec-10 23:13:39

You should be really proud, though,that you brought up a child who thought so much about what his siblings would like rather than just going me, me, me. What a little sweatheart!
Anything Toy Story is well received by my son and the rest of the reception class. Joseph (nearly 5) is getting a Buzz and a woody.

igetmorelovefromthecat Sun 05-Dec-10 00:00:26

My 6 year old DD wrote a Christmas list that was 3 pages of A4, it took her all evening. I was impressed as the writing was lovely. Then I told her that she won't get EVERYTHING on her list, it's just to give Father Christmas some ideas, and her little face fell, bless her.

only1malteaser Sun 05-Dec-10 14:17:22

Thanks guys, some good ideas, forgot to add his birthday is beginning of January, double woe! DrSuess I am very proud of him he is very considerate, gets it from his mammmy!(smug emoticon)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now