Talk

Advanced search

to think that St Vince Cable's halo has slipped..

(134 Posts)
MulledWineandGingerbread Sat 04-Dec-10 20:56:48

.. and that he couldn't make a decision to save his life. First he'll vote for the tuition fee increase, then abstain, then for, then still might abstain...

He's making himself (and his party) look ridiculous.

newwave Sat 04-Dec-10 21:01:00

The LD's dont need any further help to look ridiculous as for Cable, a major let down dosent even come close.

1percentawake Sat 04-Dec-10 21:01:10

Ha ha - I think you might be right!

Not making any friends among the student population right now grin

I think it is a shame - he seemed decent and trustworthy before the election but is obviously being whipped into shape by the tory boys...

Anniegetyourgun Sat 04-Dec-10 21:03:48

Cable always looked ridiculous IMO.

Politicians always look "decent and trustworthy" before elections, it's a prerequisite for candidacy but it doesn't mean anything.

harpsichordcarrier Sat 04-Dec-10 21:05:01

he's a total total nonentity.

Desiderata Sat 04-Dec-10 21:05:07

I always thought he was a bit of a twunt. It seems to me that if you tell the public a person's shrewd and intelligent, they tend to believe it, for a while, at least.

He looks like some pinched and disreputable Dickensian anti-hero.

And he sounds like a flayed mole.

newwave Sat 04-Dec-10 21:05:40

Vince and Glegg are being rogered by the Toriea and loving it.

Two faced scum to think I voted for those fuckers

1percentawake Sat 04-Dec-10 21:07:15

True - but nothing on earth would have made me trust Dave before the election!! I'm just sadly let down by the 'roll over and play dead' LD's...

MerrilyDefective Sat 04-Dec-10 21:10:26

Sad to say i voted for them too.
After always being a Labour voter.
I honestly thought it might help get the Torys out in our area.
Traditional Tory hot spot.
Labour never stand a chance here.
I think they (the lib dems) are finished though in any future election.

Anniegetyourgun Sat 04-Dec-10 21:10:56

Oh yes, of course, except Dave. Definitely one of the "affluent used car salesman" variety.

anothermum92 Sat 04-Dec-10 21:11:07

Message withdrawn

MerrilyDefective Sat 04-Dec-10 21:14:14

I'd like to see a poll of people who voted LibDem and see if the would vote for them again.
I would'nt.

roundtable Sat 04-Dec-10 21:14:39

LD have been letting themselves down for a while...(and I have always been brought up LB and voted for them)

Did you know their Education Secretary, before the most recent election, was home schooled?...Went to see a comprehensive and the comment was 'Gosh so this is what it's like!'

Hmmmmmm...

panettoinydog Sat 04-Dec-10 21:23:47

He never had ahalo. He's an MP fgs

roundtable Sat 04-Dec-10 21:25:21

LB...? That would be LD!!!

MulledWineandGingerbread Sat 04-Dec-10 21:33:20

of course Vince the Man never had a halo. But he was the LDs' most popular performer before the Leadership Debates - the LD battlebus was the VinceAndNickMobile. And he did seem relatively competent and honest. So it's a shame that he's now becoming a laughing stock.

discobeaver Sat 04-Dec-10 21:54:55

Why are people blaming the tories for the LD's lack of spine? It's not their fault.

Desiderata Sat 04-Dec-10 22:03:17

Precisely.

People like to blame the Tories for everything.

Fortunately, they're used to it.

Let's face it, if VC was a man of substance, he wouldn't be in the fucking Lib Dem's in the first place! A man of his gravitas would be better placed in the Scouting movement.

newwave Sat 04-Dec-10 22:08:51

During the Prime Ministerial debates Clegg said, "if we have a Tory government there will be rioting in the streets" well thats one thing he got right

Preggersplayspop Sat 04-Dec-10 22:14:10

My theory is that he said he was going to abstain and the got a rollicking from cleggeron telling him he had to support the policies put forward by the cabinet. I wish he had the balls to stand up to them, but he coming out of this looking weak and a bit of a pathetic figure. And they said Gordon brown dithered and flip flopped! Pot, kettle.

medetre Sat 04-Dec-10 22:17:03

I think the things that gave Vince a higher status still exist. He still predictedthe unsustainability of the constant increase in private and personal debt and the over leveredging of the banking sector.

newwave Sat 04-Dec-10 22:17:52

Cable is set to be Gideons whipping boy, he wanred to have the banks as part of his portfolio and Gideon was having none of it.

I suspect he will resign sooner or later but by then he will have lost all credibility.

Preggersplayspop Sat 04-Dec-10 22:19:01

He doesn't really look like a happy man

Desiderata Sat 04-Dec-10 22:19:03

Yeah, but I predicted that too, med, and I didn't get a cabinet post.

nameymcnamechange Sat 04-Dec-10 22:20:25

I thought he was great.

Now I can't find the words to describe what I think of him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: