Talk

Advanced search

to think this is a bit strange...

(13 Posts)
quaffer Sat 04-Dec-10 19:39:18

A friend who i've known for about 15 years had a baby girl this year. It was a surprise to everyone, including her & her partner who didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labour. Straight after the birth she announced it on FB and posted pictures of the baby. Since then she has updated FB weekly with photos of the baby & her development. Prior to the baby she used FB as a brag book detailing where she'd been & what she'd been up to so it's not completely unlike her but i find it strange. AIBU? I'm on FB to keep in touch with friends & family who don't live locally & have posted photos of my DDs when they were born or if we do something particularly interesting (hardly ever!) but the detail & quantity of her posts to my mind is odd & for some reason makes me cringe.

ItalianLady Sat 04-Dec-10 19:40:30

I think she can do what she wants and she is obviously very proud of her baby and wants to share the excitement.

stickersarecurrency Sat 04-Dec-10 19:43:28

Some people use it in this way. Like you I find too much sharing a bit uncomfortable but it's up to her. She may have it set so only close friends can see the posts, for example.

Pancakeflipper Sat 04-Dec-10 19:44:13

That's who she is. She likes to use FB as a brag joint. You don't. Either read or don't. Why does it upset/ irritate you enough to raise a post on here - is there something else in this 'friendship' making you uncomfortable?

I don't do FB so I maybe underestimating how annoying Brag posting is. Apologies if so.

MistressMaker Sat 04-Dec-10 19:45:55

She updates it in this way once a week?

YABU.

Hulababy Sat 04-Dec-10 19:46:32

Her choice. Just skip her status updates or block them if they really bother you.

HelenLG Sat 04-Dec-10 19:48:22

I put photos and videos of DS on facebook almost every week. My family don't live near by and so this is how they get to see how DS in growing, also friends like to see too.

My MiL is a FB addict and often comments or like what I put up even though she only lives 15 minutes away and see's DS regularly confused

Limara Sat 04-Dec-10 20:06:00

I get the feeling she isn't that good a friend of yours. Don't think about her any more. Sounds like you and her have moved on tbh. If you feel this way about her, distract yourself or don't look at her posts.

I do understand where your coming from though.

BarbieLovesKen Sat 04-Dec-10 20:08:00

Yeah, YABU, shes just proud of her baby and wants to show her off. I wouldnt care to be honest. This type of think wouldnt bother me.

Also, I'd imagine that since she didnt know she was pregnant (shock how does this happen????), she didnt have any time to enjoy, I suppose the attention of being pregnant and the excitement of imminent arrival etc so maybe this is her way of experiencing/ making up for that in an odd sort of way. I can imagine it was an unbelievable experience. That probably doesnt make any sense?

Bunbaker Sat 04-Dec-10 20:10:52

"Like you I find too much sharing a bit uncomfortable but it's up to her"

In a way I can understand her wanting to share her joy over her new baby. However, like you I am simply not interested in reading other people's blogs and their daily minutiae.

I don't do Facebook. I can't be bothered and IMO there are better ways to keep in touch with those I really want to. Just ignore her boring posts and be happy for her.

quaffer Sat 04-Dec-10 20:12:41

I feel like i'm being unreasonable because as people have quite rightly pointed out i can block or hide the posts but i can't help it - something just doesn't sit right. Plenty of people on my FB have kids & obviously they are all proud/excited about them but nobody else is as prolific or consistant in their posting as her. Pancakeflipper - DH thinks you are on to something! I will have a couple more G&Ts & consider our "friendship!"

Baileysandice Sat 04-Dec-10 20:27:27

Do you want to delete this friend from your life or just delete said friend from your facebook so you don't see her constant updates all the time? How important is she to you? Maybe she is just excited about baby etc. Has she just been born??

Firawla Sat 04-Dec-10 21:29:49

yabu, if you're not interested then dont look @ her updates, but it sounds ok to me, some people are interested in that kind of thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now