Talk

Advanced search

WIbu in sending a brithday gift?

(5 Posts)
NannymcDeb Sat 04-Dec-10 18:53:13

Hi, my "best" freind and I fell out BIG time earlier this year, lots of horrid things said, and quite frankly I found out that she is no longer the person I thought she was....
Anyway, she is my sons Godmother, but ignored his(8th) birthday, I wasn't suprised, she is a selfish self centred bitch person, BUT it was her sons birthday last week, I've known him since he was 3, he turned 15 last week, and he is a lovley kid, always has been, despite her, so I, being the bigger person and not wanting to drag children into our fall out, sent him a voucher for his birthday.
Today it came back....
He was given it directly by another friends son,(whom he thanked) so she has physically taken it off him to send it back to me...

Theres a lot of bad blood between me and her, but was i so wrong to want to send him a gift? And what would you do now? If anything.

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Sat 04-Dec-10 18:55:11

No, you weren't. You were the bigger person.

He knows you sent him a gift. It is his mother he will think badly of.

In your shoes, I'd just leave it. I'd probably continue to send him birthday & christmas gifts. If she chooses to be so childish and mean to her son as to send them back, that's for her to justify to him.

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Sat 04-Dec-10 18:55:56

Oh. I don't mean to suggest that it is good for him to think badly of his mum. Just that he won't feel you just stopped caring about him, iyswim.

LisaD1 Sat 04-Dec-10 19:34:16

YANBU, I hate it when people drag the DC's into their own crap!

Like Hec said, he will know you tried.

greenbananas Sat 04-Dec-10 22:18:36

I still send my nieces birthday and Christmas money, although my sister has not spoken to me in a year and will not let me see them sad Like HecTHe Halls said, I want them to know that I still love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now