Talk

Advanced search

to not understand why this was funny in any way shape or form

(88 Posts)
kokolp Sat 04-Dec-10 11:50:11

Have namechanged for this
I've got my 17 yo brother staying for the weekend. This morning him and dh swapped places in bed whilst I was still asleep. When I woke up and I was still in half asleep phase I snuggled up to who I thought was DP etc. Only for my brother to say I love you sis but incest is a bit far, cue hilarious laughter from him and dh who was in the room. AIBU to not get why this was funny in any way

reratio Sat 04-Dec-10 12:02:38

YANBU I don't think its funny either, if anything I think its a bit weird but the male sense of humour often baffles me

atswimtwolengths Sat 04-Dec-10 12:03:03

God that's vile! Not funny at all!

Anniegetyourgun Sat 04-Dec-10 12:03:37

Gosh, suppose instead of snuggling up you'd... oh, it doesn't bear thinking about blush

MsKalo Sat 04-Dec-10 12:04:38

Hmmm... It's not really funny but then again, is a little bit! You didn't touch anything u were not meant to dis you?! Men - they have a warped sense of humour...

Let them know you didn't find it funny and let that be the end of it.

bupcakesandcunting Sat 04-Dec-10 12:07:41

It is and isn't funny. Imagine if you'd erm, reached for somewhere special? EUCH.

My brother fell asleep on my bed after xmas dinner last year and DH and my BIL thought it would be hilarious if DH went up and "spooned" my bro on the bed. So he did. They had curly cuddles on the bed and my brother snuggled right up to DH, he must have thought he was his gf in his sleepy state. The men thought it was hysterical hmm

ImeldaM Sat 04-Dec-10 12:08:43

I can see why they thought it was funny, at least it was your brother & not his! You will need to plan an equally cheeky surprise for DH to get him back, maybe you could get out of bed when he's sleeping and your mum/gran/dad? could take your place, just to show you've got sense of humour too wink. That'll teach him!

taintedsnow Sat 04-Dec-10 12:09:25

That's just plain weird. Not at all funny. YANBU. Ick.

orator Sat 04-Dec-10 12:10:36

I did have a little giggle, you didn't put your hands anywhere compromising I hope. Its the sort of practical joke that men do my dh and my younger brother are constantly playing tricks on me

gorionine Sat 04-Dec-10 12:12:20

nope, really not funny

booyhohoho Sat 04-Dec-10 12:12:43

it is a bit funny. i would have laughed if it was me it happened to. sorry.

pingpongmerrilyonhigh Sat 04-Dec-10 12:14:45

Ah but you can join in the joke later, when DH snuggles up tonight in hopeful mood you can go
" ewww I keep thinking you're my brother, you better go sleep on the settee"

Reality Sat 04-Dec-10 12:16:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

newwave Sat 04-Dec-10 12:19:41

yes it was funny but a bit oh oh as well

DreamTeamGirl Sat 04-Dec-10 12:19:43

Its gross, but I can see why THEY may have found it funny. And I did snicker just a tiny bit (note snicker not snigger)

PureAsTheDrivenShow Sat 04-Dec-10 12:19:44

I don't like practical jokes either. I too am a humourless bitch.

coatgate Sat 04-Dec-10 12:22:25

Yuk - men! I too am a humourless old witch with things like this. Bet they really laughed. Would be thinking of all sorts of horrid ways to get back at the pair of them. Vile

huddspur Sat 04-Dec-10 12:22:38

It is a little funny I've got to say

bumpsoon Sat 04-Dec-10 12:27:34

Have to say i would of thought this amusing ,perhaps not if it had been his brother ,but certainly not gross, weird etc

vinvinoveritas Sat 04-Dec-10 12:28:21

Message withdrawn

kokolp Sat 04-Dec-10 12:29:55

I didn't touch anywhere compromising and it doesn't bother me really. DB was always in my bed when he was younger because he was scared of the dark so I was just amazed by their reaction particulary dh who nearly wet himself.

bumpsoon Sat 04-Dec-10 12:37:40

You were wearing jimjams werent you ?

HeathcliffMoorland Sat 04-Dec-10 12:38:42

It's the kind of thing that'd be funny in a film, but not in real life.

kokolp Sat 04-Dec-10 12:39:04

Yeah I was in thermal ones

Katisha Sat 04-Dec-10 12:43:13

What I hate about these situations is that those who set you up like to cast you in the role of humourless teacher/mother/nag/whatever and therefore wet themselves even further because they can indulge themselves as naughty schoolboys.

I hate being put in that position when I haven't found something peurile funny.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: