Advanced search

to feel really let down with friends and family

(13 Posts)
altinkum Sat 04-Dec-10 09:52:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

altinkum Sat 04-Dec-10 09:53:24

CrazyChristmasLady Sat 04-Dec-10 09:57:35

Did you explain your last bit to them? About how you would have liked some company?

YANBU, some friends and family! I remember your original thread. Can't believe the lack of support you have got!! shock

My cousin accidently set his head on fire and was in a hospital about 3 hours away but it didn't stop me going twice in the month he was there, then again when he was at home.

mumbar Sat 04-Dec-10 09:58:55

Oh altinkum, I feel for you and DS2. The link doesn't work but I'm guessing its skin grafts club?

It will be very emotionally draining for you, probably bring back loads of memories, BUT you can do it. You've got this far and you'll cope with today.

As for friends and family. It doesn't seem like they are being supportive but maybe they feel like you about going. They're scared? and washing their hair is less traumatic.

bubbles4 Sat 04-Dec-10 09:59:14

What a load of miserable gits,you would have thought one of them could have spared the time,especaially as it is a child involved.I,m not sure if I read about your ds,s accident,however how is he doing now?sorry the link doesnt work.

GypsyMoth Sat 04-Dec-10 09:59:58

Can't see the problem! Your dh can't go because of 'work' yet others excuses arent good enough?

It's your child.... Either your dh goes or I can't see why you expect everyone else to want to?

KaraStarbuckThrace Sat 04-Dec-10 10:02:03

sad

Altinkum I am so sorry you feel so let down.

I hope you get some support soon. When/where is it?

MentalFloss Sat 04-Dec-10 10:03:06

ILoveTIFFANY - altin has asked her family if they can support her through this scary/difficult moment and they have said no because they are "washing their hair". That is slightly different to her DH working because he is getting triple time and everyone needs a bit more money before Christmas.

Altinkum - you go with your DS2 and have an amazing time! Thinking of you and sorry your family are being such gits!

altinkum Sat 04-Dec-10 10:03:18

Muumimama Sat 04-Dec-10 10:05:43

I remember your DS's accident and I think perhaps the nature of it (got, my blood ran cold, you poor thing) is scary for some people. Obviously, in no way as scary as for you and DS, but maybe they are totally freaked out by what happened. Your DH should with you, though, not others.

GypsyMoth Sat 04-Dec-10 10:05:55

Mentalfloss..... Yes, I read the op

CrazyChristmasLady Sat 04-Dec-10 10:06:13

He is better thanks but his scars aren't great because he refused to use the cream and cover up his neck and ears in the sun (typical teen knows better). He will have to live with those scars now and I think one day he will regret not looking after them better.

How is your DS now? That incident still makes me shiver. And how are you coping with it?

altinkum Sat 04-Dec-10 10:16:26

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now