Talk

Advanced search

to be miffed? - DH spluttered red wine after watching RomCom and splutters landed on neutral coloured carpet!!??

(18 Posts)
Mowiol Sat 04-Dec-10 00:20:31

Crap.... DH laughed and spluttered at a film. Then choked. So I had to pound his back. But he'd already sprayed red wine - so I now have a small circumference of "red wine spray on neutral carpet" to deal with tommorow.

Should I just kill him and bury him under the metre of snow patio???

duchesse Sat 04-Dec-10 00:24:01

sorry but laughing here. Have you doused it in white wine?

tutu100 Sat 04-Dec-10 00:27:54

Soda water poured on top of stains and then gentle dabbed to absorb with a clean cloth should remove fresh red wine stains.

solo Sat 04-Dec-10 00:30:06

Or white wine. It does work, I tried it last year on my cream wool rug.

redhollyberry Sat 04-Dec-10 00:32:04

What film was it? Could do with a laugh.

Mowiol Sat 04-Dec-10 00:37:31

redhollyberry - Four Christmases!!
And everyone else - I've so done the white wine thing!!

Seriously - I could just kick his ass... but having had a glass or two myself, I may just miss!!

I know all the Handy Hints - I really just want to know if I should kill him and bury him really??!!

LadyGolden Sat 04-Dec-10 00:47:05

He watched A RomCom?!

LadyGolden Sat 04-Dec-10 00:48:24

I spluttered red wine on my rug with the shock of that! I'm sending you the cleaning bill! Tell me was he tied down?

booyhohoho Sat 04-Dec-10 00:53:03

oh, four christmasses is funny, i can't blame him for spluttering I'm afraid grin

Mowiol Sat 04-Dec-10 01:02:22

No - he wasn't tied down - just knows which side his bread is buttered on!!

I have to put up with many hours of "Ice road Truckers", "Golf", "Trawlermen", "Mini Rebuild".... well you get the picture!!

I did have the satisfaction of punching him very hard gently patting his back to ensure he didn't choke

LadyGolden Sat 04-Dec-10 01:37:43

I draw the line a "Trawlermen". He stains your carpet... You scratch his car. Evensies

onmyfeet Sat 04-Dec-10 01:58:37

Naw, don't kill him, he needs to get the rug cleaned for you.

JJ17 Sat 04-Dec-10 02:01:21

I would love a neutral coloured carpet but am too sensible - i say the blame lays with you. Make him drink outside! Filthy bitch.

AphraBen Sat 04-Dec-10 02:02:10

Pour salt on it, leave until salt turns pink and vaccum it up. Then mop what's left with stain remover.

solo Sat 04-Dec-10 02:05:01

Don't vacuum up wet salt! you'll kill your vacuu cleaner.

AphraBen Sat 04-Dec-10 02:07:17

Noo. you brush most of if up and then vaccum the TINY bits that are left. Sorry, should have been more specific.

needafootmassage Sat 04-Dec-10 07:38:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lizzywishes Sat 04-Dec-10 08:00:06

You need the stuff they sell in white spray bottles in John Lewis (Ithink) and Lakeland. Think it's called wineaway. It is magic. Would still work even if you couldn't get it for a few days/weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: