Talk

Advanced search

to leave my 17 month old in bed?

(13 Posts)
susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:12:58

I was called from work today to pick up my daughter from nursery as she had a temp. Although when I got there she seemed fine, just tired.

I got her home and put her to straight to bed for a nap at 5.00, thinking she would wake at 7.

I have checked on her but she is still asleep, no sign of a temp. Should i wake her for a bedtime bottle or leave her to it?

KnittingisbetterthanTherapy Fri 03-Dec-10 21:14:02

I would leave her if she's poorly - sleep is what she needs. Just keep checking on her.

Hope she feels better in the morning.

blushingm Fri 03-Dec-10 21:14:47

leave her - she might be fighting a bug and needs the sleep

Mumwithadragontattoo Fri 03-Dec-10 21:15:14

Leave her if she's asleep. Perhaps offer her a bottle as you're going to bed.

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:15:30

My concern is a wide awake toddler at 3 am!!!

KnittingisbetterthanTherapy Fri 03-Dec-10 21:20:33

It is a risk (I had the same concern when it happened to me!) but unlikely if she's poorly.

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:21:41

Thanks
- dh is out tonight and sometime one just needs a second opinion.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 03-Dec-10 21:23:22

I would leave her. We have done this a few times with DS and he generally sleeps until the same time as he normally would in the morning.

ShoppingDays Fri 03-Dec-10 21:31:21

I understand it's important to keep fluid intake going, with a temperature? So wouldn't waking her for a drink be a good idea?

USoRight Fri 03-Dec-10 21:36:45

I personally would wake her around 10 oclock for a bottle, cuddle, check temp, and that she is responding as normal. My reasons: She'll probable wake in the early hours hungry and thirsty and take an hour or two to settle.

Its a good idea to check that shes responding normally, not confused, not feverish.

If all this is done at 10.00 you probably will be reassured and also get a reasonable nights sleep.

You can give some calpol (shes obviously got some virus or other) recuding the risk of high temp in the middle of night and whole house disturbed.

USoRight Fri 03-Dec-10 21:37:47

reducing blush

susiesmith Fri 03-Dec-10 21:51:28

She did have most of a fruit shoot in the car at way back from nursey at 4.30ish. So had plenty of fluid.

HollyBollyBooBoo Fri 03-Dec-10 21:54:25

Would it be worth doing a dreamfeed before you go to bed? I'd be worried she's wake up hungry at some ungodly hour if she's missed nutrition in the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now