Talk

Advanced search

to want to scream "she doesnt want to bloody sandwich woman!!"

(22 Posts)

sittingn in farm cafe/soft play this morning and lady at next table drove me mad!
She's brought her little girl aged about 2 years old an egg sandwich and smarties. Child clearly wanted smarties first (who wouldnt). Mum insisted she eat the sandwich first, which I would have done too. BUT OMG she went on and one and on to her LO for about 25 mins, telling her to eat sandwich, telling her she needed to eat, trying to put it in childs mouth, having a go at her DH because LO wouldnt eat, even saying one bite of sandwich = one smartie!!
I just wanted to shove the sandwich up her nose grin
That child properly loved the attention she got from not eating sandwich and I just got a headache.

I properly am BU, but would you have said something?? I mean 25mins!!

OnEdge Fri 03-Dec-10 14:40:13

hide the fekkin smarties you daft tit

curlymama Fri 03-Dec-10 14:41:02

I wouldn't have said anything, but I might have tried to move to another table!

The Mum sounds like she is quite insecure in her parenting abilities, ie 'if my child won't eat his sandwich I am being a terrible mother'

BooBooGlass Fri 03-Dec-10 14:42:02

O god no, never say anything.

Marne Fri 03-Dec-10 14:43:00

lol, that would have anoyed me, if it was my dd i would have given her the smarties grin.

Quenelle Fri 03-Dec-10 14:49:17

She shouldn't have bought the smarties if it was that important to her.

sparkle12mar08 Fri 03-Dec-10 14:54:50

I'd have hidden the smarties, but have done very similar with my own children when they refuse to eat. Ds2 in particular is as stubborn as a mule, so I tell him the situation 'sandwich first, treat later' and then leave him to it. I might offer the sandwich again a few times but I certainly wouldn't give in and give him the smarties no matter how long it took! And I've also happily done the one mouthfull = one smartie etc thing. Eminently sensible compromise with a child with food ishoos. So sue me smile

is that YES or no then? LOL

MadamDeathstare Fri 03-Dec-10 15:04:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PsecretSantead Fri 03-Dec-10 15:04:01

I'd have put the smarties into the sandwich grin

I wish I could have moved table but impossible for a reason that has nothing to do with OP

smartie sandwiches?? Should add the sandich was egg [yuck]

jamaisjedors Fri 03-Dec-10 15:11:12

So you would just let your child eat smarties for lunch every day if that's what they asked for?

TyraG Fri 03-Dec-10 15:11:18

Why did she let her see the smarties? That just sealed her fate right there.

MadamDeathstare Fri 03-Dec-10 15:12:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

colditz Fri 03-Dec-10 15:13:17

She should have put the smarties away, the stupid woman.

WHY are some people so stupid? It's such an obvious solution!

PsecretSantead Fri 03-Dec-10 15:13:58

Yes, you said it was egg. Still wouod have done it, I bet she would have thought it was great!

yes, i would do smartie sandwich too! grin

desperate times....

Ormirian Fri 03-Dec-10 15:15:15

Smarties v sandwich. No brainer obviously.

She clearly thought she could win 2yr old child round with sweet reason and common sense. Fool!

bran Fri 03-Dec-10 15:15:40

Sounds like my DH with DS. It got so bad that DS would eat (a bit) when he was just with me or at school but when DH was there he wouldn't even take a single bite. I used to eat and just leave the room as I couldn't stand it. DH wouldn't be told either, he sincerely believed that he was all that was stopping DS from starving himself to death. hmm

pastaplease Fri 03-Dec-10 15:16:45

Yes, she shouldn't have shown the child the Smarties. At the risk of sounding OTT, why was she giving chocolate to a young child anyway?

pink4ever Fri 03-Dec-10 15:27:13

It was chocolate not heroin pastapleasehmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now