Talk

Advanced search

To expect to be phoned to ask whether they should carry work out?

(4 Posts)
looplou Fri 03-Dec-10 14:15:20

I am quite enraged!

Our caravan is in for a service and we have just had a telephone call to say it is ready for collection - and there will be an extra £75 charge for some extras they thought needed doing hmm

Now I know I am picky, but they didn't ask us to preauthorise anything, we didn't know anything was wrong with it and to top it all off they found a fault with something they fixed last year angry

AIBU or should I have been asked about them doing this unauthorised work on my pride and joy?

curlymama Fri 03-Dec-10 14:17:04

They should have phoned you and asked.

MrManager Fri 03-Dec-10 14:43:48

Read whatever contract you signed. You don't have to pay for stuff you didn't ask for, but if the work needed doing and you like the mechanic, you might as well pay for it.

looplou Fri 03-Dec-10 15:21:52

Thanks - we actually didn't sign a contract, just took it in for service. Just feels like a bit of a liberty really - we did question the workshop manager who said if we didn't want it he would strip it all out again.

Feel like poor customer service as well... everyone's on the take these days sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: