Talk

Advanced search

to have spent an hour crying this morning because all I want is....

(51 Posts)
Filibear Fri 03-Dec-10 14:15:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

tigitigi Fri 03-Dec-10 14:18:50

hugs

MadreInglese Fri 03-Dec-10 14:19:37

Oh love, you have my sympathy

<very un-MNetty HUG>

Igglystuffedfullofturkey Fri 03-Dec-10 14:20:07

Yanbu

I felt utterly miserable towards the end and the last few weeks before maternity leave just stretched.

Do what you can to get comfy, slow down at work and look after yourself!

Filibear Fri 03-Dec-10 14:20:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

1234ThumbScrew Fri 03-Dec-10 14:21:02

With all three of my dc's I felt that the last few weeks of pregnancy were worse than the first few weeks of the baby being born.

You are being perfectly normal, but it will pass.

PerpetuallyAnnoyedByHeadlice Fri 03-Dec-10 14:21:14

ah, bloody pg hormones eh, OP.

HAve a hot chocolate on me!

It will all pale into insignificance when that lovely baby is in your arms!

emsyj Fri 03-Dec-10 14:21:38

YANBU. After DD was born I said to DH multiple times a day for months, 'It's bloody marvellous not being pregnant any more'.

You're nearly there, hang on!!!

WhyMeWhyNot Fri 03-Dec-10 14:21:52

Why not see your Gp and explain maybe he'll suggest starting your maternity leave now,if he writes you off sick due to your pelvis pain that'll happen anyway.
You sound like you really need the rest.

Filibear Fri 03-Dec-10 14:22:20

harassedinhertinselpants Fri 03-Dec-10 14:22:43

((((()))))'s!

I take it you have spd?? Have you seen a physio and do you have a support band? I know they're not the greatest, but take all help you can. Have you been given practical tips to cope with it? If not I can give you some grin!

The last few weeks are dire ime. You're exhausted, achey and just want it all over with.

Rant away.

AgentZigzag Fri 03-Dec-10 14:23:47

I felt 100 times better when each of my DDs were out and about, being pregnant is much more hard work!

At least you can get help from other people.

Agree you are definately allowed to play on being pregnant by 33 weeks, and indulge yourself shamelessly (or supervise others to do the leg work) grin

Clippedwings Fri 03-Dec-10 14:24:01

It must be the stage we're at. I cried myself to sleep last night (to the utter bewilderment and confusion of my poor DH). I haven't had any hormonal moodiness yet - but this may just count! I was really horrible and was feeling very sorry for myself, saying, "I don't know if I can push this baby out - I am so scared" (it is my first) and telling him that our life was perfect before - why did we have to go and have a baby? And then feeling enormously guilty about all the people who are trying in vain to conceive - and there's me moaning about everything. I agree: I am also tired of people saying, "Oooh, just you wait" (even though I am the first to say, "I should count myself lucky that I am getting 4 hours sleep a night at the moment. People are knobs sometimes.) Just try and think ahead to the 4 or 5 weeks you are going to have to yourself and think of ways that you can pamper yourself and not be obliged to do ANYTHING when that time comes. Good luck and here's a hug!( )

Mumwithadragontattoo Fri 03-Dec-10 14:24:28

Being pregnant and working is exhausting. I would much sooner look after a crying newborn on maternity leave than work 9 hour days while heavily pregnant. If you're having real problems with your hips and pelvis then speak to the doctor who may think you need to signed off. The next two weeks will be over soon and hopefully you'll get a few more weeks of rest before your baby arrives. Good luck!

Filibear Fri 03-Dec-10 14:24:56

Filibear Fri 03-Dec-10 14:27:46

Filibear Fri 03-Dec-10 14:28:31

Silverlace Fri 03-Dec-10 14:29:13

YANBU. Being preg can be awful as baby takes over your body, taking everything it needs and leaving you feeling terrible. Have you seen the Dr about your pain? Can you be signed off sick for the remaining 2 weeks if you feel so bad? I felt awful, never "bloomed" and had morning sickness for the entire 9 months. You will feel better when baby is born, you will be tired but I found nothing is as bad as pregnancy tiredness. For one thing you will not be carrying all the weight around and the hormones will settle down.
Rest as much as you can even if you don't sleep. I found one of those long pillows really useful, you can lie on your side, cuddle it and put one leg round it to support your hips.
Lots of hugs to you, the feelings will pass.

Clippedwings Fri 03-Dec-10 14:30:56

I have just eaten most of a Terry's chocolate Orange - and I mean the big orange-shaped thing, not the teeny choccy bar! But I'm such a pig, I'll gratefully accept your offer of a Whole Nut chaser - ta! x

DreamingofFour Fri 03-Dec-10 14:32:10

I would take it super-easy at work if you can, obviously avoid all physical activity at work, but also try to do the bare minimum. I have just finished work/ started mat leave and really thought I wouldn't make the last few weeks (and I am part time) so had some canny tricks - eg would hide in a quiet stationery cupboard, lie down with blanket and have 20 minute break at least once a day. Also often slid off early,(snow is a good excuse). I am not a skiver normally, in fact really hard working, but I think it is ok to cut yourself some slack right now if you are going to stay at work.

Are you able to drive to work? I found that really helped.

IMO it is so much better not being pregnant, this last bit is definitely the worst
Good luck!

Deliaskis Fri 03-Dec-10 14:34:31

Oh poor you. YANBU, sometimes it's just shit isn't it. I'm 29 weeks at the mo and am also starting to feel like this is never-ending. Have what I think is mild SPD too, as well as 'normal' pg aches and pains, and trying to get some sleep is a constant battle (made worse by the fact that the battle in itself is not conducive to sleep).

The thing is, I know I will have completely broken sleep when baby is here, I know it will be the odd hour here and there, but at least that will be actual sleep, not in pain, and won't be at work trying to be professional and not show 'weakness' due to pregnancy.

When things are shit, people telling you they're about to get shitter really need shooting.

D

RockinRobinBird Fri 03-Dec-10 14:36:31

You poor thing. I remember that the last month at work was the worst part of my pg. I really felt as if I couldn't bear it any longer.

Filibear Fri 03-Dec-10 14:37:53

JustKeepSparkling Fri 03-Dec-10 14:42:12

Once the baby is out it will all be so much better not worse. Sure you're sleep deprived but you are now anyway.

And with your first at least you can sleep in the daytime when baby sleeps.

AFAIK you can self-refer to a physio when pg, maybe worth giving the MWs a ring, sure your GP has it wrong.

misdee Fri 03-Dec-10 14:42:47

[big un-mumsnetty hugs]

the last month of pregnancy is a drag. i hate it. i remember counting down the days till maternity leave with dd1 as well.

just rest up as much as you can, between now and baby.

your right though, you know it will be different once the baby is here, but you hopefully wont ache or feel pants all the time.

i am counting down the days and hoping my one makes an appearence in 21days and not 28+days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now