Talk

Advanced search

To wish Angelina Jolie woud just go away

(39 Posts)
BongoWinslow Fri 03-Dec-10 10:08:54

Everywhere I look, there she is. Magazines, new movie, tv interviews, articles in paper about the film she's making, endless picturs in mags of her with her child army. I guess it's not her fault, but just enough already.

It doesn't help that I cannot bear her, but that aside, I do wish the media would find someone else to be fascinated by for a bit.

Animation Fri 03-Dec-10 10:13:21

I liked her in "Salt". It made a refreshing change to see her playing in a kind of "Die Hard" movie - killing everyone single handedly with no help from the men

FindingMyMojo Fri 03-Dec-10 10:14:38

But she is the worlds most fascinating woman grin!!! Personally I haven't noticed yet but if it means we get a break from Cheryl Cole's media domination, then bring it on!

juneybean Fri 03-Dec-10 10:14:52

Awww no I think she's gorgeous!

Don't forget Tomb raider Animation grin

MrManager Fri 03-Dec-10 10:29:34

You're the one buying those tatty mags with pictures of her. How dare she walk around with her children. What a bitch!

BongoWinslow Fri 03-Dec-10 10:31:44

Tomb Raider was good, that's true. In fact I even like her in Gone in 60 Seconds (can't believe I'm admitting that)... and yet...she just seems so smug. Hmm, but it might just be me. Bugger.

BootyMum Fri 03-Dec-10 10:50:26

She is smug. And not a particularly good actress either imo.

TooBlessed2spendxmasalone Fri 03-Dec-10 10:53:32

she is smug,,

gastrognome Fri 03-Dec-10 11:16:34

YANBU!
She's awful. There's something so self-righteous about her. Haven't liked any of the films I've seen her in either.

LouMacca Fri 03-Dec-10 11:25:02

If you just want her to just go away think how Jennifer Anniston must feel seeing AJ's mug everywhere.

I do think she is stunning and was amazing in The Changeling but she isn't someone I can warm to. YANBU.

bupcakesandcunting Fri 03-Dec-10 11:27:42

I get geared up to dislike her, I hate her for what she did to Jennifer (I think Jennifer is lovely) and I think she pouted at Brad and lured him from Jen.

Then I see her in an interview and she seems perfectly nice and reasonable and not "showy" and I'm conflicted.

She is very beautiful BUT I am hoping betting that those lips will not look so good when she hits 60.

holyShmoley Fri 03-Dec-10 11:38:06

For of she s reason enough Not to buy a mag and/or cinema ticket. I wish she'd just go away too.

TinselinaBumSquash Fri 03-Dec-10 11:40:28

I agree OP, i can't stand her, im not sure what the fuss is about i don't think she is beautiful or a very good actress tbh. <bitchy>

Charleney Fri 03-Dec-10 12:01:11

What about the fact she has Brad Pitt at home and now shes all over Johnny Depp in her new film. Its just not fair

ginhag Fri 03-Dec-10 12:03:00

<pictures Angelina lurking outside OP's window>

AllarmBelly Fri 03-Dec-10 12:07:29

I like her. I love how she's absolutely stunning but has no interest in clothes. Just slaps on a black dress for a premiere and looks amazing.

I don't buy magazines she's in though. Booring! And I'd hate to be one of her kids.

BongoWinslow Fri 03-Dec-10 13:30:00

ginhag I would love it if she as outside my window, then I could have a good shout at her about how bitchy that Vanity Fair photo spread with Brad was - here.

This is what I loathe. She says she would never be with a married man etc etc yet WAY too soon after Brad left Jen for her they did this. So insensitive it's unbelievable.

bupcakesandcunting I'm similarly conflicted. But then I remind myself of the above and remember that anyone really nice just wouldn't do that. She's nice when it suits her, but God help you if you stood in her way.

Ugh. Vile.

BongoWinslow Fri 03-Dec-10 13:37:28

And while I'm having a good rant, when she adopted her second son she changed his name (to Pax). He was 3 years old! Seriously, what possible reason is there to do that apart from one's own narcissism?

ok, I think I need a lie down now.

<tells self to calm down and step away from the Heat magazines>

PamelaFlitton Fri 03-Dec-10 13:40:23

Let's face it, what man WOULDN'T pick Angelina Jolie over Jennifer Aniston?

TinselinaBumSquash Fri 03-Dec-10 13:41:16

MY DP fancies Jen Aniston a lot more than Jolie, he doesn't like the pouty lip look.

Mum2HarryandBen Fri 03-Dec-10 15:21:03

A very beautiful woman on the outside! One scary person on the inside from what i can make out! Brad got what he deserved he is trapped and fluctuating happy/uptight/miserable!

Animation Fri 03-Dec-10 15:59:59

I always wondered why Jen Aniston couldn't keep Brad because she's so gorgeous herself. Then I heard she gets a bit needy and clingy. So, if that's the truth, men don't like clingy women no matter how good looking they are.

Animation Fri 03-Dec-10 16:07:22

BTW, I tell you who I wish would go away - off the tele - John Barryman - he's bloody everywhere!

lucky1979 Fri 03-Dec-10 16:15:08

I really like her, I generally like her films and I think she's a good actress.

But then I seem to generally like film stars other women don't, like Keira Knightly.

BongoWinslow Fri 03-Dec-10 16:21:25

don't even get me started on Keira Knightly and her sodding ridiculous pouting.

although she was good in Atonement. When she wasn't pouting. except in the bits where pouting was appropriate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now