Talk

Advanced search

to ask DH to sleep on the sofa

(5 Posts)
RobynLou Fri 03-Dec-10 01:17:05

I've just got in from work, I'm 33 weeks pg, have spent most of today trudging around with DD in the snow, and I really really ache, my hips and pelvis are properly painful.

DH is upstairs asleep, coughing every 30seconds, I just can't bear to go up there, I'll never get to sleep and DD will be up in 6 hours (if I'm lucky)

I really need to sleep, I'd sleep on the sofa, but we've only got a little 2 seater and I just don't think I'll fit! will probably be barely able to move in the morning if I sleep down here.

AIBU to wake up DH and ask him to sleep on the sof so I can get some sleep in comfort?

The cough's nothing major btw, just the tail end of manflu a cold...

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 03-Dec-10 01:23:30

Can you not put DD into bed with her dad and sleep in her bed instead?

RobynLou Fri 03-Dec-10 01:26:22

but what if I wake her up? (blind terror at the thought of having to deal with crying DD now)

You're right though, that's the best plan.

LowLevelWhingeing Fri 03-Dec-10 01:27:15

Aww, it's not his fault smile <stab>

Two seater sofas are not nice for anyone to sleep on.

I do know what you mean, but you're so tired you'll probably be asleep in no time. Does that help at all?

It doesn't does it?

RobynLou Fri 03-Dec-10 01:32:42

right I'm going to try and move DD, if she stays asleep long enough for me to get into her bed then DH wakes her with the coughing he'll hear it first so I'll pretend to sleep soundly and he can deal with it. feeling a bit mean, but I'm desperate to get some decent sleep somewhere comfortable, and he's had hours of sleep already!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: