Talk

Advanced search

to hope and pray that Engalnd doesn't get the World Cup?

(241 Posts)
smallwhitecat Thu 02-Dec-10 14:18:05

Message withdrawn

beautyspot Thu 02-Dec-10 14:20:00

Just imagine if they get it - it's all we'll hear about...and all those bloody loons with English flags flying from their cars and in the house windows - yeurch.

Ryoko Thu 02-Dec-10 14:23:16

I hope we don't as well, we are wasting enough money on the Olympics

saffy85 Thu 02-Dec-10 14:24:01

YABU.

I'm English and love football (up to a point) never been done for drunk and disorderly. Neither have most of my mates or my DP. None of us have ever and will never be involved with trafficking women and children into Britain. However many women and children have been trafficked here, all the time for years and years with no World Cup to blame. I don't get your logic. Sorry.

PelvicFloorTrauma Thu 02-Dec-10 14:24:13

totally agree. a vile sport. plus we are already hosting the sodding Olympics. how on earth can we afford to host the world cup too? THIS COUNTRY IS NOT MADE OF MONEY. and please don't bother anyone to spout any economic arguments to try and persuade me. cos you won't.

RitaLynn Thu 02-Dec-10 14:24:33

YABU,

If we get it, Plymouth will get a new stadium and host a world cup game - way more exciting for me than the olympics

Wordsonascreen Thu 02-Dec-10 14:25:01

Currently in Dubai celebrating national day there are lots of loons with UAE flags flying from cars and windows (and all public buildings) TBH I think you're being very mean spirited, my ds would be 16 then and dd 14 and I think it would be fantastic for them to see a World Cup.

Am planning on coming back for the olympics.. do you have similar concerns for that?

Or is it just sneering at football?

Rhinestone Thu 02-Dec-10 14:25:17

Hear hear - fuck off FIFA.

smallwhitecat Thu 02-Dec-10 14:25:26

Message withdrawn

Vallhala Thu 02-Dec-10 14:25:29

YABU and generalising wildly. We are not all badly behaved drunkards.

Most of us actually like the sport and enjoy the matches without getting trollied y'know.

johnnydeppsarmpit Thu 02-Dec-10 14:25:47

not a football fan then op?

GlynistheMincePie Thu 02-Dec-10 14:26:31

so you're not looking forwards to it then hmm

I think you need to explain the origins of your accusations OP.

I happen to be married to someone who loves football, and so is he wink and I for one can promise you I've never been in the market for a prostitute, young or old shock

And I think Mr Blatter would be most amused at your calling his name 'absurd'. I bet he has a great laugh at yours too hmm

PatFig Thu 02-Dec-10 14:26:34

Russia will get it

it is fixed

ClaireDeLoon Thu 02-Dec-10 14:27:19

YANBU

Filibear Thu 02-Dec-10 14:28:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 02-Dec-10 14:28:21

Totally agree with fuck you, FIFA.

PLEASE can we not have more nylon clad numbskulls littering the country.

I thank god and all his seraphim and cherubim that DP can't be arsed with football either.

Any sport which lauds vile thick creatures like Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand should be utterly disdained.

GiddyPickle Thu 02-Dec-10 14:28:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smallwhitecat Thu 02-Dec-10 14:28:57

Message withdrawn

johnnydeppsarmpit Thu 02-Dec-10 14:29:15

there are some nice footballers you know

mayorquimby Thu 02-Dec-10 14:29:21

"it seems the average male sports fan regards it as his right to purchase the bodies of women and children for his sordid pleasure."

Ahh I see. You feel this way because you're a generalising idiot with a chip on their shoulder about football.

mayorquimby Thu 02-Dec-10 14:30:31

"Any sport which lauds vile thick creatures like Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand should be utterly disdained."

So pretty much all sports and any other form of entertainment and any other pursuit in the known world.

smallwhitecat Thu 02-Dec-10 14:31:35

Message withdrawn

saffy85 Thu 02-Dec-10 14:32:50

Watching paint dry sounds alot more fun than hanging around with the OP....

I'm not bothered either way by this bid tbh, although I do wonder where all this money will come from and obivously if we don't have a team that actually gives a shit could be a tad embarrassing as the hosting nation being knocked out in the first round.... Or not qualifying fullstop shock blush

mayorquimby Thu 02-Dec-10 14:33:25

That's a completely different claim to "the average male sports fan regards it as his right to purchase the bodies of women and children for his sordid pleasure."

PatFig Thu 02-Dec-10 14:35:07

GetOrfMoiLand
Any sport which lauds vile thick creatures like Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand should be utterly disdained.

That is not very nice.We have people like that in all walks of life

are you jelouse of the kids from nowhere who didnt have a good education or go to university being paid huge sums of money?

smallwhitecat

Reasons: football is loathesome and incites the more unpleasant elements in English society to behave appallingly but also self-righteously, as though they have an entitlement to be drunk, abusive, unhygienic and stupid.

That sounds like every Friday or Saturday night in any town or city you care to mention

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: