Talk

Advanced search

to be peeved off with dh

(6 Posts)
ItsJustMyOpinion Thu 02-Dec-10 13:27:29

Our dd is going to be in her very first nativity play at nursery, she is going to be a snowflake and im really chuffed that she is taking part, I never thought for a minute that she would, as she only goes one morning a week, and the performance is on a day she doesn't attend.
We had been given prior notice a few weeks ago, but only got the full details today, so when I spoke to dh on his lunch break and told him to make sure he has booked the day off work (he can't take half days because of the nature of his job) he then tells me that he has no leave left untill January. So will be missing out on seeing our dd in her first nativity.

AIBU to be peeved with him as he knew about the nativity and that our dd would be in it, but he didn't save 1 day of leave so that he could watch her. He used his last 4 days of leave at the end of last week and start of this week, but didn't do anything!! which he only booked about 2 weeks ago, after we knew about the show

anonymousbird Thu 02-Dec-10 13:44:12

YANBU.
Sounds like crap planning on his part, especially if he had spare leave so recently...

Nativity is a massive deal. Just been to my third one, went both days, yesterday and today, I'd go again every day! Even DH who can be a bit dismissive about these things sometimes was dewy eyed...... Highlight of the year for a 4 year old....

What a shame he is going to miss it..

Tiredmumno1 Thu 02-Dec-10 13:46:02

I can understand why you are upset especially as he used the last of his leave to do nothing.

could he take a day off unpaid?

rainbowinthesky Thu 02-Dec-10 13:46:33

It's not a major deal imo. I've never been to any school nativities or plays. Cant you film it?

ItsJustMyOpinion Thu 02-Dec-10 14:05:33

I don't have anything to film it on unfortunately.

If I sugested that he took the day unpaid or pull a sicky we would end up in a row, and I could do without that at the mo.

He has just apologised, saying he genuinely forgot. So I guess I will let him off this time.

GlitteryBalls Thu 02-Dec-10 14:17:09

My mum came to all my plays but my dad never did. It was just the nature of his job that he couldn't take time off especially at that time of year. Your dc won't be especially affected by it, unless you let on to her the situation. Just tell her that daddy couldn't get the time off but would have loved to have been there if he could. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now