Talk

Advanced search

To keep 1 DC home from school when the other 3 are ill

(10 Posts)
Rudolphsnose Thu 02-Dec-10 09:54:26

Really not sure on this one.

2 of the 3 DDs and DS are ill (as am I), really nasty cold and coughs so the DDs aren't in school, DS is 15mo.

AIBU to keep the well DD home from school saving me and the other DC going out in the cold?

Rudolphsnose Thu 02-Dec-10 09:55:34

Oops, double posted

duchesse Thu 02-Dec-10 09:58:16

She's probably contagious anyway tbh and about to go down with it. How old is she?

onceamai Thu 02-Dec-10 09:59:12

YANBU. Pragmatic decision, esp as the well dd is probably brewing it anyway. It's bloody freezing and providing there are no tests, key events, a few days in the warm will do you all good. Start a fresh week on Monday.

ariane5 Thu 02-Dec-10 10:00:14

YANBU i would keep her off if it was me theres no point dragging everybody out if you are all unwell.hope you get well soon

onessa Thu 02-Dec-10 10:04:24

no-you are being SENSIBLE--stay at home!!

Rudolphsnose Thu 02-Dec-10 10:04:27

DDs are 6,7&8, 6yo is the well one. The only thing I'm worried about is that it's the 2 younger DDs school play next week and they have a dress rehearsal tomorrow for the older children in school. Sod it, I think I'm right, maybe.

duchesse Thu 02-Dec-10 10:05:54

Oh goodness, 6? Leave her at home definitely. She can go out and make a snowman since she's well enough!

onceamai Thu 02-Dec-10 10:07:28

Well if the two younger ones have dress rehearsal tomorrow performing for the older ones and they still aren't well then they can't go can they. The nativity/play will seem all the more exciting when they do the real thing. Really not a problem unless they have starring parts or solos - in which case the organising teacher will be on the phone in all likelihood to see what the situation is.

Rudolphsnose Thu 02-Dec-10 10:07:52

No snow here duchesse

Right, will get them all to pick a film, that should keep the DDs at least on the sofa until DH gets home from work

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: