Talk

Advanced search

to think the fates are conspiring against me?

(8 Posts)
TheYuleLogLady Thu 02-Dec-10 08:35:52

going away for the weekend with DH and no children (!) for the first time in yonks. leaving tomorrow by train.

Fucking fucking snow appears determined to thwart this.

and i have a filthy cold, and I look shocking and don't feel up to rampant sex.

could someone have a word please?

Serendippy Thu 02-Dec-10 08:39:35

It's not just the fates conspiring against you, it's also the train company, the weather forecasters, the Lemsip corporation and Ann Summers.

Will speak to them for you.

TheYuleLogLady Thu 02-Dec-10 08:41:21

and i was going to go and get my MN secret santa present today but i can't be dealing with driving into town so that will ahve to wait too. bugger.

cansu Thu 02-Dec-10 09:07:29

In past four weeks, have had ds1 ill for twelve days, dp ill for seven (felt like fifty because he was such a PITA), I was ill, but carried on doing everything I normally have to do and now dd is very unwell with same thing. Plus ds school is closed. Plus have taken so much time off work to look after dc's that they have probably forgotten who I am. Sorry I am turning your justifiably fed up thread into a whinge all of my own! Hope you do manage a nice weekend away!

MrsTumbles Thu 02-Dec-10 10:43:12

I too am supposed to be going away for the weekend for sex a romantic break with DH whilst DD is with the outlaws. We have already ditched the train idea and are hoping to drive. I am watching all weather reports closely!

DD has been ill all week and I've now started with a sniffle sad I hope you feel better and manage to get away!!

smallwhitecat Thu 02-Dec-10 10:45:27

Message withdrawn

cherrybea Thu 02-Dec-10 10:48:07

We missed our first night out since dd2 was born 6 months ago last weekend as snow and sickness combined forces to keep us in.

Hope you manage to get away and feel better soon.

TheYuleLogLady Thu 02-Dec-10 12:54:33

i swear if i get stuck at work tonight i will be walkig home.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: