Talk

Advanced search

Car insurance thread deleted???? UPDATE

(15 Posts)
kittycat37 Wed 01-Dec-10 20:09:08

Weird weird - cannot find my thread about being extremely angry with DH about car insurance cock up, me being done by the police for his ineptitude etc

Those of you who were on it will know the one I mean.

Cannot understand why on earth it's been deleted.

Still, FWIW here's an update:

Spoke to a solicitor this afternoon. After studying all my documents etc it transpires I WAS COVERED. In his words the police were talking 'utter baloney' and the case will be thrown out of court if they don't drop charges beforehand. They will be liable for all costs.

My cover was entirely independent of DH's and so fact that his policy had lapsed was
irrelevant. Also, he has not commited any offence either, as I was covered and he was not driving.

So my wrath at DH, it turns out, was a bit misplaced although the whole episode has done us good as a wakeup call I think.

I'm hugely relieved. And very grateful to all those who urged me to seek legal advice.

AnyFucker - I'm still a fan of yours, but on this one you it turns out you were wrong. Had I commited an offence, of course, you would have been right.

Queenofthenightafterchristmas - THANKYOU - I would not have had the courage to go to a solicitor without your encouragement.

I won't fully relax till it's completely sorted. DH is very relieved and currently going through his insurance policies with a fine tooth comb in a slightly OCD manner. I'm glad I didn't divorce him.

Feelingsensitive Wed 01-Dec-10 20:10:52

Good for you. Glad its sorted.

FunkySnowSkeleton Wed 01-Dec-10 20:12:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kittycat37 Wed 01-Dec-10 20:13:41

Thanks to all the others who encouraged seeking advice too. If the thread had not been deleted I would remember who you were.

Why on earth would it have been deleted???

I wasn't offended by anything on it and I was the OP.

Mysterious Mumsnet.

narkypuffin Wed 01-Dec-10 20:14:15

It's here

Mowiol Wed 01-Dec-10 20:16:04

kittycat37 - did you call someone a "pompous ass - (see another read about deletion) grin

kittycat37 Wed 01-Dec-10 20:16:45

Funky - no it's not as simple as that - it seems so complicated but basically my policy (not fully comp) for my car has an 'extension' which explicitly states that I am covered to drive other vehicles - get this - when they are not already insured (?!)

How weird is that?

I'd vaguely thought 'that's useful' without really thinking about it until now.

Had DH's policy not lapsed I would not have been covered. Except, I would, by his policy and the police would not have had the car come up on their data base.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Wed 01-Dec-10 20:17:42

it hasn't been deleted kitty

diddl Wed 01-Dec-10 20:18:11

What a relief!

So you are fully comp on your car-which covers you to drive another car with the owners permission.

Although the car you are driving is insured only as 3rd party whilst you are driving it.

Aren´t you usually given time to take documents into the station?

c0rns1lk Wed 01-Dec-10 20:18:37

What a nightmare! Glad it's sorted

CarGirl Wed 01-Dec-10 20:19:08

I wonder if that "extension" clause is for this kind of situation, for example when you buy a new car etc

kittycat37 Wed 01-Dec-10 20:23:38

doh - other thread not deleted

err, sorry, I'll leave this one now

diddl - I'm not fully comp on my car but policy does cover me to drive other cars with owners permission - through the 'extension'

prettybird Wed 01-Dec-10 20:50:40

I'll start a new thread with "Festively Fighting Flab into 2011" as there had been some votes in favour and (I'm sorry Bebe) I simply can't participate in a thread that has "Flange" in tis title. It brings oyut the prude in me blush(and I am not normally a prudish person hmm)

prettybird Wed 01-Dec-10 20:51:33

Oops - sorry: wrong thread blush Don't know how that happened blush

TattyDevine Wed 01-Dec-10 20:59:57

Hahahahaha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now