Talk

Advanced search

that i care so much what strangers think?

(11 Posts)
wouldliketoknow Wed 01-Dec-10 19:39:48

i don't do it in rl, but in mn sometimes i just get this strange very strong opinions and it bothers me till death what other people tell me, thruthful or not.
why?why?why?
i am a normal perfectly reasonable person in rl, why on mn my opinios come up as controversial and black and white? not on every thread though...

AgentZigzag Wed 01-Dec-10 19:49:49

It's easy to think 'What do I care what other people think of me', esp if you're keeping in your mind that it's anonymous, but I feel the same sometimes and I don't post something I think.

Weird.

I don't like to hurt other peoples feelings, even if I don't know them.

It's different I've found if I feel really strongly about something though, not bothered then grin

AgentZigzag Wed 01-Dec-10 20:48:02

It's just us then grin

I don't mind being in a minority of two.

wouldliketoknow Thu 02-Dec-10 15:53:14

i really thought that people would have views on this hmm

Hullygully Thu 02-Dec-10 15:54:46

I don't understand what you're saying, or I would have a view.

TrillianAdAstra Thu 02-Dec-10 15:55:56

I definitely would have a view if I understood.

You get strong opinions?

Or people with strong opinions say stuff to you?

Hullygully Thu 02-Dec-10 15:58:32

Or you have strong opinions but don't say them?

SpotSplatterSplash Thu 02-Dec-10 16:06:52

Or you care what people think of your strong opinions when you shouldn't really?

BootyMum Thu 02-Dec-10 16:08:02

So you mean on MN you have very strong, black and white opinions [that you don't have in RL] and that it bothers you the responses you get to these strong opinions?

Can you give us some examples?

wouldliketoknow Sat 04-Dec-10 20:41:47

well, is thinks like drinking while pregnant or taking care of children, or couples stuff, you know when people ask if they should leave their partners, i give an opinion, that sometimes sounds really extremist, like no drinking in pregnancy at all, i've never said anything to any pregnant woman in real life, but if you're asking...and people seem to think that i am going around policing pregnant woman, checking what there actually is in their glass. it does bother me i might come across as such a harsh person, when i am not.
has this happened to you?

cumfy Sun 05-Dec-10 01:13:12

I thought that was the whole point of AIBU.

A vicarious, disinhibited opinionfest.

YANBU, just get stuck in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now