Advanced search

I am such a fucking pushover.

(48 Posts)
RealityVom Wed 01-Dec-10 18:31:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ghoulsforgodot Wed 01-Dec-10 18:33:29

phone her tonight and tell her you are not well

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Wed 01-Dec-10 18:34:47

Reality, you won't want to read this, but working for your family/friends is not a good idea.

For this very reason

Sympathies x

LaurieFairyonthetreeEatsCake Wed 01-Dec-10 18:34:49

Is it a daft question to ask what your policy is with sickness/ or snow days when you have your own kids?

That's really shit though if you're feeling unwell. Could you bundle her up/earmuffs the works and take them out sledging for 15 minutes. I find that if kids get a little bit they tend not to notice the time and then they can come back and make snowmen in the garden/build a fort/have a snowball fight.

ItalianLady Wed 01-Dec-10 18:34:55

You need to tell her she can't come because you can't look after her and your children and she needs to sort something else out. It isn't your problem if she doesn't get paid. You need to treat her like you would other parents.

CarGirl Wed 01-Dec-10 18:35:22

Wrap niece up incredibly well - 3 footmuffs, raincover on etc etc top her up with pain relief and then sledge for half an hour?

RealityVom Wed 01-Dec-10 18:36:21

earwicga Wed 01-Dec-10 18:37:05

Shame your children don't have more sympathy for an ill child. Poor little thing, ear infections are horrible.

RealityVom Wed 01-Dec-10 18:37:09

RealityVom Wed 01-Dec-10 18:37:52

bigchris Wed 01-Dec-10 18:38:34

Does her dp/dh get paid time off? Can't he look after your neice? Agree working with family bad idea

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Wed 01-Dec-10 18:39:19

bugger sad

Lulumaam Wed 01-Dec-10 18:39:29

i tihnk you need to get another mindee and not have your DN

she is taking the piss

unless she is leader of the free world, she should try to take teh day off and look after DD. she'd not be able to send her to school like that.

RealityVom Wed 01-Dec-10 18:40:38

Numberfour Wed 01-Dec-10 18:43:21

Your sister is being VVVVV unfair on you and on her child and on your children.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Wed 01-Dec-10 18:43:53

reality, it isn't alright

your good nature is being taken advantage of

nancydrewrockinaroundxmastree Wed 01-Dec-10 18:44:08

What would the normal policy be?

I have not used a CM before but kind of assumed that provided child wasn't seriously ill and that it was nothing infectious then a CM would look after them.

I guess it is just really bad timing as you're children would normally be at school and presumably you would then be happy to look after DN.

Obviously in a difficult position though.

At least with ear infections and croup the antibiotocs kick in really quickly so working on the basis that she will have had three doses by the time she gets to you tomorrow she should be a lot better than she was today.

MadamDeathstare Wed 01-Dec-10 18:45:19

Metherbumfit Wed 01-Dec-10 18:47:59

Message withdrawn

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Wed 01-Dec-10 18:47:59

a "normal" CM would not take a child who was sick

like nursery, school, holiday clubs etc would not

sick children belong with their parents

the fact this is DN (faaaaamily) is completely muddying the water and allowing reality to be taken advantage of

RealityVom Wed 01-Dec-10 18:48:02

JetLi Wed 01-Dec-10 18:48:51

It's not the point Reality, but for what its worth, DD is the same age & after 1 overnight does of AB's for ear infection, she was 300 times better - not totally fixed, but much better than the previous day. Agree this is unfair on you sad

Metherbumfit Wed 01-Dec-10 18:51:03

Message withdrawn

RealityVom Wed 01-Dec-10 18:52:44

Hassledge Wed 01-Dec-10 18:53:56

Your sis is really taking the piss - I can't get over the not paying for holidays thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: