Talk

Advanced search

Dennis the menace cartoon setting bad example!

(11 Posts)
WindnRain Wed 01-Dec-10 16:00:59

Just watching Dennis the menace and so far his Mum has left him to care for the baby alone for 2 hours, and he's taken the baby on the pirate ship at the fair!

AIBU to drop a line to points of view?

PrettyCandlesAndTinselToo Wed 01-Dec-10 16:01:56

Go and read some Horrid Henry. That'll calm you down nicely.

SpotSplatterSplash Wed 01-Dec-10 16:10:30

Yes watch Horrid Henry, he is truly awful!

FindingMyMojo Wed 01-Dec-10 16:12:56

What about that Little Princess? haven't watched it on TV but my Mum gave DD a book and it's about a girl Princess who screams at everyone until she gets what she wants!!! And it works!!!! Here you go DD - how to be a total brat. Needless to say it's not getting read in our house.

Niceguy2 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:13:39

I'd be contacting Beanotown social services pronto!

AnyFuleKno Wed 01-Dec-10 16:15:30

When you call social services can you mention that his mum gives him a HUGE pile of sausage and mash for dinner, with NO veg - he is on a slippery slope to childhood obesity.

Oblomov Wed 01-Dec-10 16:27:48

where are you watching d-t-m ? sky ? dvd ?
Gnasher was my fave.

GlynistheMincePie Wed 01-Dec-10 16:30:23

*stumbles across this thread...

erm...OP

the clue is in the title..

it's called Dennis the Menace not how to be the model child

emptyshell Wed 01-Dec-10 16:47:57

Really think kids would want to watch/read a kid eating their vegetables, tidying their room and doing their homework?

Really think an adult would? Look at the popularity of the Gene Hunt Pwhoaoaaaar thread.

WindnRain Wed 01-Dec-10 16:56:34

Was watching on freeview cbbc channel. Sad thing is that the first thing I picked up on before the baby being left with Dennis was whether Dennis should even be going to the local fair without an adult!

Life is soooo much safer in toon land.

One last thought - it is strange how Dennis is no longer allowed to carry a catapault but his mum is allowed to abandon her baby with a minor. He must feel very hard done by.

AnyFuleKno Wed 01-Dec-10 17:47:23

You know what else, that poor child rarely gets a change of clothing, and he's in shorts in all weathers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: