Talk

Advanced search

I want to say my MIL

(14 Posts)
Mishy1234 Wed 01-Dec-10 13:15:23

ROCKS!

She always has DS1 on a wed. Still does, even though I'm on mat leave with DS2. I've been ill with a nightmare sore throat and had been to docs yesterday. MIL battled through snow to get here to take DS2 out for lunch. She got stuck in all that awful compacted snow at the side of the road and basically dug the car out (refusing to let me help or push) so she could take me to the drs. Took me to get my antibiotics and STILL took DS1 out for lunch to give me a break.

I know some MIL's can be awful, but think there are still a load of very good ones out there. Mine is an example. Just wanted to share a positive MIL story and give one of the good ones a mention.

AnyFuleKno Wed 01-Dec-10 13:16:33

She sounds like a diamond, how lovely grin

AngryPixie Wed 01-Dec-10 13:16:41

Lucky you, and lucky her to be appreciated.
Sounds like you have a fab relationship, and will probably be a great MIL yourself one day grin

SalFresco Wed 01-Dec-10 13:17:36

I want her for Christmas please smile

5DollarShake Wed 01-Dec-10 13:17:46

She sounds fab!!

DaydreamDolly Wed 01-Dec-10 13:18:00

Lucky lucky you she sounds so lovely.
Mine's a dragon. grin

Mishy1234 Wed 01-Dec-10 13:19:55

AngryPixie- I do hope so. It's a comfort to know she is around, especially as my parents aren't close by. The DC adore her too of course. Guess it's a matter of getting back what you put in I suppose.

ChippingIn Wed 01-Dec-10 13:22:44

Mishy - that's lovely! It's great that you have a lovely MIL.

Sadly though, it's not a case of getting back what you put in - you can't 'put in' enough to make some people become half decent human beings.

I'm glad you appreciate your MIL - but you also need to appreciate that it takes more than being a nice DIL to get a great MIL

Mishy1234 Wed 01-Dec-10 13:36:41

ChippingIn- yes, of course I totally agree. I was really meaning that in reference to the DC adoring her. She put a lot of effort into making DS1 comfortable with her before I went back to work.

I totally appreciate that some people (MIL or not) are exceptionally difficult and no amount of being nice to them would change that.

Mishy1234 Wed 01-Dec-10 13:37:38

Also, I don't think I'm a particularly great DIL. Just struck lucky I guess.

Frazzledmumwithsmudgedmascara Wed 01-Dec-10 13:40:11

She sounds lovely!

Unfortunately my MIL died when my DH was a baby but from what I've heard she was a lovely person and I'd have got on well with her. I miss her even though I've never known her IYKWIM

Ooopsadaisy Wed 01-Dec-10 13:41:42

What a lovely post!

My MIL and I have nothing - and I really mean nothing - in common,and nothing to say to each other despite trying for 22 years.

It's really hard work and I try to be nice but I just want out of there whenever we visit.

DP know this and funds it quite amusing - pig!!!!

Lonnie Wed 01-Dec-10 13:48:38

YANBU and I have one of those wonderful MIL's too in the 17 years Ive known her I can hand on heart say I have never ever wished for her not to be around she is fab an amazing grandma and involved in her 8 grandchildrens lives without trying to take over..

Its lovely to have someone like that in your life isnt it..

mousesma Wed 01-Dec-10 14:19:05

YANBU I have a fab MIL too, makes such a nice change from all the MIL bashing threads!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: