Talk

Advanced search

to make him come and see me

(22 Posts)
beade Wed 01-Dec-10 12:48:06

I was going to go round and see my brother tonight but looking at the pavements I don't think I want to risk slipping on the ice (I'm 30 wks pregnent). AIBU to ask him to come round and see me instead

Duna Wed 01-Dec-10 12:49:36

Of course not! Why, had he said that there's a problem?

Duna Wed 01-Dec-10 12:50:03

*has

beade Wed 01-Dec-10 12:50:43

No I haven't texted him yet but when I asked my sister she said I was being a wuss

FakePlasticTrees Wed 01-Dec-10 12:51:56

God no, your centre of gravity has shifted and your balance is all over the place by 30 weeks, no chance you should be trying to walk on ice.

Duna Wed 01-Dec-10 13:16:58

Has you sister been pg?! Sod it what she thinks!

superparty Wed 01-Dec-10 13:21:08

Definately text and get him to come to you. I just went out to get my lunch and if it weren't for my work friend I would have been on my lashes (I'm 32wks pg).

It is quite dangerous out there, be careful everyone.

minibmw2010 Wed 01-Dec-10 13:22:57

Definitely get him to come to you. I'm only 13 and a half weeks pregnant but I had to stay home today because the pavements to the train station are so dangerous.

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Wed 01-Dec-10 13:25:29

YANBU DH was adamant that I didn't go out on the ice when I was pg. Same as I now wont 'let' him out as he's on crutches. No point putting on a brave face if you're risking severe injury!

MrManager Wed 01-Dec-10 13:28:12

How far away is he?

megcleary Wed 01-Dec-10 13:28:57

Don't go, am just back after trip to shops, i am 29 weeks, with dd and it was leathal.

My nerves are shredded don't know how we managed two very close calls and I am not a nervous soul and have not let this pregnancy stop me in the slightest do anything but that scared me.

ItalianLady Wed 01-Dec-10 13:34:15

YANBU but your sister is.

I fell over in the snow at less pregnant than you and it was agony. Only journeys that are vital should be taken imo.

BreconBeBuggered Wed 01-Dec-10 13:39:50

Your brother will feel like shit if you fall over and injure yourself/your baby going to visit him. Won't he? Don't even think about walking on the ice in the dark. Too risky.

beade Wed 01-Dec-10 13:42:07

Its not far but I've texted him and he agrees so he's coming to see me. Bad news is I've got to cook dinner now and I've got nothing in.

AllOverIt Wed 01-Dec-10 13:42:39

I fell on the snow / ice when pregnant with DD when we had that crazy snow nearly two years ago. We were both fine, but it was horrible. It sent my SPD into a spin had some cracking bruse all over and I was really shaken and teary for hours.

YANBU

aurorastargazer Wed 01-Dec-10 13:50:13

could you ask him to bring something for you? i realise that it might grate on hospitality nerves but if you have nothing in i'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you smile

MrManager Wed 01-Dec-10 13:52:10

beade that's what pizza delivery men are for. Let them take the risk!

reratio Wed 01-Dec-10 14:44:31

YADNBU there is no way that you should be risking the snow and the ice. If you were to fall then you could badly hurt yourself or the baby.
As for dinner could he not just bring whatever he was going to make and make it in your kitchen (I realise that he might not want to carry a lot of food if its slippy).

popelle Wed 01-Dec-10 16:17:44

YANBU you shouldn't risk it. Ignore your sister

poxoxo Wed 01-Dec-10 23:42:25

I really hope that you didn't go and see him

FetchezLaVache Thu 02-Dec-10 12:22:16

YANBU! Has your sister been pregnant, out of interest? If not, ignore her. (Actually, even if she has, ignore her. My sister made a point of sailing through both pregnancies like bloody Superwoman and had an annoying way of making me feel I must be making it up whenever I was tired/hurty/couldn't walk, etc).

Could your brother pick some food up on the way?

PowderMum Thu 02-Dec-10 21:22:21

Make him come to you. We have no snow here but the path/road outside my house is a sheet of ice. Very hard to keep my balance and I'm not pregnant just overweight

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: