Talk

Advanced search

to think that I'm really a man?

(33 Posts)
stereountypical Wed 01-Dec-10 11:54:31

I am a regular, promise. Obviuosly needed to name change for this. (pom bears, private v state, sahm v mw etc)

I am a woman. I have given birth (vaginally) to 2 DCs, breastfed both. I am in a heterosexual relationship with quite a manly man. I have an hourglass figure, long blonde hair. I wear short skirts, lots of colour and painted my bedroom pink.

However when I read quite a lot of the threads on here it seems like I am more like the DP/DHs I see described.

eg

I dont 'see' dirt/mess around the house. I just leave dishes etc to fester until DP gives in and does them. DP does all the washing/hoovering/kitchen/bathroom cleaning etc. (Although this is partially because I have a disability) When we are both at home he does most of the childcare. I do the driving and control manage the money.

I was v promiscuous in my youth. I wasn't interested in getting into a relationship with any of these men, I just used them to get orgasms.

When DD was tiny it was DP who would get up at night with her. I was/am such a deep sleeper I'd sleep through her cries, even breastfeeding in my sleep.

If DP doesn't get home on time to cook dinner for us I'll just put a pizza in the oven or phone a takeaway or leave the kids to make snacks for themselves. If DP didn't cook us proper meals we'd never eat veg.

I can be quite grumpy in the morning and refuse to get out of bed until someone brings me a cup of tea.

My standards of personal hygeine are minging low. I only shave my armpits/legs about once a month. I have a bath/wash my hair about once a fortnight (and this is only after DP nagging me).

In the past friends have told me that I'm basically a man in a woman's body. Do you think they are right?

Disclaimer: this is slightly in jest. The above is true but was written for a bit of a distraction from the snow so dont flame me too much. grin

theevildead2 Wed 01-Dec-10 11:56:56

Not a man but a bit selfish.

HecateQueenOfWitches Wed 01-Dec-10 11:57:24

If you're basing it on stereotypes, then yes, you have traits that people claim are mens.

I prefer to think that people are people and that our gender doesn't have anything to do with whether or not we like sex, or can see dirt. grin

So I don't think you've anything to worry about wink

Diamondback Wed 01-Dec-10 12:08:03

Being a man in a woman's body is great! I'm fantastic at parking the car and never get stressed when the house is less than perfect grin

anothermum92 Wed 01-Dec-10 12:13:16

Message withdrawn

CraigRevelPan Wed 01-Dec-10 12:14:51

Are you me?

Er...how would that work?grin

fffreeezing Wed 01-Dec-10 12:18:07

Have seen stuff in magazines/papers about this, whether you have a 'masculine' or 'feminine' brain. My DSis definately has a masculine brain, v little empathy, flat is a tip!! grin Sorry Sis if you can work out who I am in RL blush

mayorquimby Wed 01-Dec-10 12:22:52

Good at parking?
Now I know this is bollocks.
grin

Ryoko Wed 01-Dec-10 12:23:23

It's called being a tom boy and welcome to the club.

annoyingdevil Wed 01-Dec-10 12:32:02

I have bucket loads of empathy, but don't see mess. confused

Niceguy2 Wed 01-Dec-10 12:33:28

I'd love to be a man trapped in a woman's body. Don't think I'd get much work done though, I'd spend all day playing with my boobs! grin

CraigRevelPan Wed 01-Dec-10 12:35:20

niceguy - suspect you'd get bored fairly quickly....as you will do saying 'look at my face when you talk to me!.

RandyRussian Wed 01-Dec-10 12:40:00

It often depends on whether the main influences on you when you were growing up were male or female.

I know men who are "in touch" with their feminine side and women who seem to think in a masculine sort of way.

IYSWIM

Ryoko Wed 01-Dec-10 12:50:58

I live in jeans, t-shirts and trainers (I don't own any high heels) hardly own any skirts or dresses, haven't warn a dress in about 15 years.

I have no idea what to do with my hair except wash and brush it every so often and tie it in a pony tail, (straighteners those strange chopstick hair tieing up things and the like are a mystery to me).

Make up I wear but I'm not great at it.

I listen to heavy metal, play video games, watch anime, top gear and action movies (no soaps or romantic crap for me thanks)I build Gundam model kits, play electric guitar, I like getting drunk and going pub, I can count the number of female friends I have on one hand, I don't really do cleaning, DP sorts that out (and moans about it endlessly), I have a collection of swords and knives and anime/gaming merchandise, I eat like a student and can't cook anything thats not soup, stir-fry or a roast, I hate shopping.

I have rubbish taste in men (apparently or so I have been told) Charlie Sheen, Richard Hammond, Johnny Knoxville, Dante from the Devil May Cry game series, etc.

I am not a man in a womans body, I am simply a Tom Boy and proud of it.

VagosaurusRex Wed 01-Dec-10 13:25:20

I'm the same, and was lucky enough to marry a woman in a man's body. I am very bad with talking about feelings, whereas DH regularly needs to sit down with a glass of wine and 'share.' He is sensitive and goes with his feelings first, while I intellectualise everything.

I'm also a hideous grot, wake up late and never make breakfast, while he will often mop the kitchen floor and put in a load of washing before going to work. (and I'm a SAHM!)

I suppose I am good for him too, though for the life of me I can't think how.

MrManager Wed 01-Dec-10 13:29:58

HAHAHAHA MEN ARE DISGUSTING JUVENILE WANKERS AREN'T THEY?? HAHAHAHA.

Grow up.

Ooopsadaisy Wed 01-Dec-10 13:34:16

Are you my DP?????

OMG - My DP has been living a double-life. He is really a woman who posts on MN and washes even less frequently that I realised!

alwaysrubbishatnicknames Wed 01-Dec-10 15:03:20

Mr Manager cheer up, it's nearly christmas...

lollipopshoes Wed 01-Dec-10 15:07:59

well, apart from the washing (I wash slightly more often!) You sound just like me.

And... I drink real ale and love football grin

(dp laughs because he cooks and brings me cans of bitter while I'm watching football)

mumblechum Wed 01-Dec-10 15:13:14

I think I have manly traits too, I often think when women are moaning about something really wimpy that they should man up.

also drive like a man, well, tbh I drive like a BMW salesman wanker driver, do parallel parking, do everything really quickly and decisively, don't see the point of excessive house cleaning, etc etc.

I don't look like a man.smile

MrManager Wed 01-Dec-10 15:49:28

I am a man. My wife has given birth (vaginally) to 2 DCs, I've bottle fed both. I am in a heterosexual relationship with quite a girly woman. I have a 'beefcake' figure, short brown hair. I wear trousers, lots of dark colours and grey and painted my bedroom blue.

However when I read quite a lot of the threads on here it seems like I am more like the DP/DWs I see described.

eg

I constantly 'see' dirt/mess around the house. I have to clean all the dishes in the house since DW never gives in and does them. I do all the washing/hoovering/kitchen/bathroom cleaning etc. When we are both at home I do most of the childcare. She does the driving and manages the money.

I was v chaste in my youth. I was only interested in getting into a relationship with any of these women, I wasn’t interested in using them to get orgasms.

When DD was tiny I would get up at night with her. DW was/is such a deep sleeper she'd sleep through her cries.

I’ll get home on time to cook dinner for us. I try to only make the healthiest home-made stuff. If I didn't cook us proper meals we'd never eat veg!

I am the perfect morning person and will jump out of bed to make tea for my DW and breakfast/packed lunches for the DC.

My standards of personal hygiene are super high. I shave and wax all (!) body hair twice a week. I have a bath/wash my hair every (and this is despite DW nagging me not to).

In the past friends have told me that I'm basically a woman in a man's body. Do you think they are right?

scaredoflove Wed 01-Dec-10 15:58:03

My gay friends say I'm a gay man in a woman's body

My gaydar works better than theirs, I'm immaculately turned out but not in a girlie way at all and I love highly muscular men

geekygiraffe Wed 01-Dec-10 15:58:52

I can be quite tomboyish, but I can't park. Lord knows what that makes me ; 0
Haven't parallel parked since my driving test, despite living on terraced road with too many cars, and tend to walk 200m to get an easier space. blush

alwaysrubbishatnicknames Wed 01-Dec-10 16:00:01

MrManager I'm also a man. I recognise a lot of what you say about yourself (though I'm more of a hairy steak pie than a shaven beefcake)

I'm also able to differentiate between nasty sexist stereotyping & light hearted humour

TheSmallClanger Wed 01-Dec-10 16:05:15

I hate housework, and would rather tolerate quite a lot of mess than spend hours cleaning up.

I have very short hair, and have done for years.

Although I occasionally wear tunic-type dresses with leggings, I don't own any skirts or high heels.

I do not do lingerie. Underwear, yes, lingerie, no.

I like rockets, space shuttles, and Subaru Imprezas. I still want to be a rally driver when I grow up.

Not sure what this makes me - I'm happy to identify as female, but I can pass on most of femininity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now