Talk

Advanced search

to think my children should be able to hold onto a hat longer than 24 hours?

(21 Posts)
KerryMumbles Wed 01-Dec-10 11:27:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

A1980 Wed 01-Dec-10 11:31:37

YABU grin kids will be kids.

I speak from experience. When I was about 5 years old. I got a new pair of gloves and I thought they were great. Loved the color etc. School was freezing cold so I kept them on in assembly. I lost track of them at some point during the day and they didn't go home with me.

I remember my mother being absolutely livid and giving me a thorough questioning about where my gloves were. She was really pissed off with me. I was FIVE years old. I remember thinking it's only a pair of cheap gloves. I've never forgotten that such was the wrath of my mother over something so little.

Attach the gloves to a cord and thread it through their sleeves and maybe coats, jackets with a hood instead.

KerryMumbles Wed 01-Dec-10 11:32:31

KerryMumbles Wed 01-Dec-10 11:32:51

ChippingIn Wed 01-Dec-10 11:32:59

Staple gun

It is the only solution.

mylifewithstrangers Wed 01-Dec-10 11:35:38

Do what the eskimos do and sew kids into their clothes for the winter. Assume some sort of 'flap' mechanism, job done!

grin

A1980 Wed 01-Dec-10 11:35:45

Ah in that case, they're a bit older. How do you lose a coat?!

Having said that I've lost 3 umbrellas year. Put them on the tube floor and forget to pick them up again!

ChippingIn Wed 01-Dec-10 11:36:00

Or not... grin

If the school wont let you do the string through the coat thing (some wont due to Elf & Sayfty) sew a short length of elastic to the glove and the other end to the inside of the cuffs. same with the hat but again, just mind the length isn't long enough to wrap around their neck (yes, I know what you are thinking grin!!).

OR just buy them in a revolting colour so that everyone knows who they belong to grin

clayre Wed 01-Dec-10 11:36:37

My ds wore his hat to school for the first time last monday morning never came home, a few days later the scarf dissapeared too oddly he still has both gloves!!!

ChippingIn Wed 01-Dec-10 11:37:15

Oh they're 8 & 12 - sewing them in might be embarassing then.

PERFECT!!!

KerryMumbles Wed 01-Dec-10 11:37:30

youremindmeofthebaubles Wed 01-Dec-10 11:37:38

WE've gone through 3 pairs of gloves this week!

I do blame myself for failing to have tied them on string through his coat though.

KerryMumbles Wed 01-Dec-10 11:38:47

KerryMumbles Wed 01-Dec-10 11:39:17

lexxity Wed 01-Dec-10 11:42:00

So far this school year we have lost, one coat twice, 3 gloves, 2 are now back, one scarf now back and a full PE kit. Also now back!

I have bought some cheapo gloves from the pound shop. I did put the gloves on idiot string but he just pulls them off! Got sick or resweing so sod it, I'll just keep buying pound shop pairs.

StayingDavidTennantsGirl Wed 01-Dec-10 11:43:49

Superglue? If you think ChippingIn's staple gun is a bit OTT! grin

jellybeans Wed 01-Dec-10 12:00:18

YANBU I have just been to the local poundland and got lots of cheap hats and gloves. Still annoying that they will still lose them but at least its only a few quid loss.

Housemum Wed 01-Dec-10 12:13:47

I buy cheap gloves from pound shop/Primark, 3 pairs the same colour so you have to lose at least 3 gloves before you don't have a pair.

Younger DD has clip-on elastic things from Jojo Maman Bebe so we can swap gloves between coats - about 3 inches of elastic with a truday clip each end to attach one end to gloves and the other to coat

Hats are a different matter though - I bought the DDs padded coats with warm hoods

ChippingIn Wed 01-Dec-10 19:44:19

Housemum - wouldn't you have to lose 5 before you didn't have a pair confused

KerryMumbles Wed 01-Dec-10 21:54:21

Housemum Thu 02-Dec-10 10:58:18

Only if you lost them evenly - if you lost 3 right hands you'd be without a pair wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: