Talk

Advanced search

to be happy that dd's school has closed

(12 Posts)
2shoesnightmarebeforechristmas Wed 01-Dec-10 11:05:55

it is an sn scool in the back of beyond and all kids are in wheelchairs.
she want yesterday and they cancelled respite and sent them home early.
so glad she is at home safe and sound.
don't have to worry about her getting stuck there like she did last time(ss had to go and get her as the school bus wouldn't)

amelem Wed 01-Dec-10 11:12:09

Not one bit-at least you don't have to spend all day worrying about her getting home, enjoy your day

MeowyChristmasEveryone Wed 01-Dec-10 11:14:08

Also glad that you aren't teacher bashing like so many I've heard on the local radio. I've turned it off now to save throwing my nice new DAB outta the window.

Have a nice day - I've got cat and hot chocolate!!!

2shoesnightmarebeforechristmas Wed 01-Dec-10 11:29:18

well her teachers and TA's don't live in the house next to the school, so all the staff has to travel in, a lot of roads round there are bad.
also if they have kids whose schools are closed that adds to it.
I just wish they would say no school for the rest of the week, as then I could have a lay in

2shoesnightmarebeforechristmas Wed 01-Dec-10 11:29:55

grin ans we have christmas smileys

SparkleSoiree Wed 01-Dec-10 11:31:47

I think there is immense pressure for teaching staff to get into school in these conditions yet their safety is as important as everyone else's.

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 11:32:07

yayyyy. xmas smileys!!!

and YANBU 2shoes grin

2shoesnightmarebeforechristmas Wed 01-Dec-10 11:32:59

too true, and they have all the added pressure of childcare as well.grin

weegiemum Wed 01-Dec-10 11:33:58

My kids are all nt and I'm glad they are home today - I spent most of yesterday looking out the window and waiting for a call from the school. I think I would have been much worse if any of them were sn - I know that when dd2 spent 2 years in a wheelchair due to her hip cndition I was much more concerned about things like this.

Glad your dd is home safe and warm and cosy with you!

curlycat Wed 01-Dec-10 11:34:08

We're on our third day off school and it doesn't look like we will get back this week at all! I am ready to scream but I'd rather be tearing my hair out with the DC here than try to get them to school

borderslass Wed 01-Dec-10 11:37:36

DS's special school hasn't reopened yet none in Edinburgh have but I can't get him there anyway.
DD2's opened refused to let her go all schools are closing at 12.
Wish we'd find out before 6am though that way I'd get a sleep in

PestoEatsSnowWarnings Wed 01-Dec-10 11:46:09

Hope you are enjoying your day with DD 2Shoes. Have just found out that my dds' school is also closing today, at midday and am very smile about it..

Like you though, I wish we knew that the school would be shut again tomorrow as we could do with a lie-in grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now