Talk

Advanced search

To think sod off Matthew Wright!

(30 Posts)
Gotabookaboutit Wed 01-Dec-10 10:26:57

Again steals a thread for his topic - ie what do sahm do if kids are at school - Then is all judgy pants when he has no kids - never intends to have kids

fedupofnamechanging Wed 01-Dec-10 10:29:14

Have just posted on this on the SAHM/WOHM thread. I notice he had another dig about spending all day MNing even though I do

neepsntatties Wed 01-Dec-10 10:29:28

He's a total arse.

TheCrackFox Wed 01-Dec-10 10:39:49

Who does he actually think watches his programme? S

Oprah Winfrey always says such lovely things about SAHMs. She is a billionaire and Matthew is, well, er, stuck on Channel 5 until the day he dies.

HecateQueenOfWitches Wed 01-Dec-10 10:41:49

Does he ever actually do a show that is not pinched from here?

He is obsessed with us, isn't he?

Gotabookaboutit Wed 01-Dec-10 10:42:26

Where is the sahm/wohm thread????

DuelingFanio Wed 01-Dec-10 10:44:13

is it this one?

KangarooCaught Wed 01-Dec-10 10:44:59

Dave Gorman, who's on the panel, pointed out MWW's demographic & the importance SAHMs to society. He also said women can't win - told stay at home/told to go to work. I like that man.

mamadiva Wed 01-Dec-10 10:45:46

YANBU but the question has to be asked... if you hate him so much why watch? <<hypocrite emoticon>> although not watching today

I think he did intend to have kids though but could'nt IIRC which seems to have left him a weeeeee bit bitter... but what do we know we are just breeders hmm

mamadiva Wed 01-Dec-10 10:47:55

Please note: I am not actually sticking up fr him just making some genuine points, I think he is a bit of a twat most of the time but sometimes it is alright...

Gotabookaboutit Wed 01-Dec-10 10:48:32

Arh thanks dueling - thought it was an actual topic heading where I could virtuously hang out while working from home ;)

ChickensHaveNoMercyForTurkeys Wed 01-Dec-10 10:49:50

I love Dave Gorman. He's always so reasonable, yet amusing.

Gotabookaboutit Wed 01-Dec-10 10:50:21

Dont hate him in general and he has some very interesting guests and to be honest question time is too late for me these days and too complicated for my mummy brain

Gotabookaboutit Wed 01-Dec-10 10:51:38

Dont hate him in general and he has some very interesting guests and to be honest question time is too late for me these days and too complicated for my mummy brain

TheCrackFox Wed 01-Dec-10 10:52:26

"question time is too late for me these days and too complicated for my mummy brain"
FFS.

AlistairSim Wed 01-Dec-10 10:52:38

DP has worked with him a few times and says bad things about him.
DP never says bad things about people in general.

GettinTrimmer Wed 01-Dec-10 10:53:24

I agree chickens. Dave Gorman was talking a lot of sense.

Gotabookaboutit Wed 01-Dec-10 10:54:19

Crackfox - was supposed to be ironic as in how he talks about us breeders

TheCrackFox Wed 01-Dec-10 10:56:23

Sorry. I just am slightly phobic to the term "mummy brain" as it makes my teeth itch.

I have always been a big fan of Dave Gorman.

Gotabookaboutit Wed 01-Dec-10 11:01:45

CF - no problem - he actually used it a few weeks ago - used to really like the program but his sneerness is starting to grate. Any questions on Radio 4 is fab but only once a week - need a fix of shouting at other peoples opinions every day ;)

fedupofnamechanging Wed 01-Dec-10 11:03:34

The SAHM/WOHM thread I meant was the one started by CareeringAlong. Can't do links but it was the one where the OP was being very smug about how she intends to return to work when her DC starts school and basically implying that mums with school age DC have no business being at home.

DuelingFanio Wed 01-Dec-10 12:11:30

funny how it's their only post. Maybe a 'researcher' yet again!

HecateQueenOfWitches Wed 01-Dec-10 12:23:48

Oh, that's the one from the person who said they were a namechanging regular, and that a few other mners secretly agreed with them?

I don't understand why strangers on the internet namechange to post their opinions to other strangers on the internet. you dare not say what you think to a bunch of strangers on the internet under your usual anonymous name? What can possibly happen? People won't like you? Well, if you're hiding who you really are from them, they don't like you anyway, only who you're pretending to be.

I just don't get it.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 01-Dec-10 12:24:35

Exactly, Hecate

Mishy1234 Wed 01-Dec-10 12:25:13

I've often wondered what his story is. He seems to be so negative about children. Is there some background there?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: