Talk

Advanced search

To think that selling ice-creams at a rock concert is not very rock and roll

(14 Posts)
PatFig Tue 30-Nov-10 20:17:37

Last night I went to see Status Quo and one thing I found a little sad was an ice cream kiosk selling frozen comestibles
What has happened to the good old days of rock and roll? booze,drugs etc

At least they where loud

Maisiethemorningsidecat Tue 30-Nov-10 20:19:44

Staus Quo is a rock concert??!

Nah, you're way out there with your description, I'm afraid. Ice cream, cups of tea and a nice seat you can see them properly is probably about right. Sounds bloody good actually...grin

jooseyfruit Tue 30-Nov-10 20:30:19

I used to go clubbing in Manchester and one place sold ice cream. the last thing you want to do when out raving off your tits on E is eat, let alone, dairy products. blerghh. didn't do much business and was just wrong IMHO

FunkySnowSkeleton Tue 30-Nov-10 20:31:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jooseyfruit Tue 30-Nov-10 20:32:20

sorry, but rofl at going to see Status Quo and the only thing you found sad was the ice cream van!grin

usualsuspect Tue 30-Nov-10 20:32:23

You can hardly rave to the Quo...Nice cup of tea sounds about right grin

PatFig Tue 30-Nov-10 20:34:30

Status Quo are a very good live band and they know how to get the place rocking I will have you know

usualsuspect Tue 30-Nov-10 20:37:41

Staus Quo were the first band I ever saw live ...back in the 70s when Francis Rossi had hair on the front of his head as well as his pony tail

notquitenormal Tue 30-Nov-10 20:48:38

My little sister once sold the lead singer from Slipknot some pick'n'mix. Apparently he swore at her and she told him off...refused to serve him until he appolgised and asked nicely.

No that's rock and roll grin

Maisiethemorningsidecat Tue 30-Nov-10 20:50:10

Good for her, NotQuite!

faeriefruitcake Tue 30-Nov-10 20:51:11

Tequila ice-cream?

atswimtwolengths Tue 30-Nov-10 20:52:07

Did he apologise, notquitenormal?

PatFig Tue 30-Nov-10 20:53:14

What about Kieth Moon driving his car into the hotel reception (through the hotel doors) stopping at the desk and asking for his room keys

now thats rock and roll

jedwood have a lot to live up to

notquitenormal Tue 30-Nov-10 21:23:30

Yes, he did. She thinks he was a bit overexcited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now