Talk

Advanced search

to not want to take responsibility for buying the mil's xmas present...

(8 Posts)
iamusuallybeingunreasonable Tue 30-Nov-10 19:19:19

When all she bought my beautiful DD when she was born was a 3 pack of plain white Asda vests for 1 pound 50!

Now before I get accused of being materialistic, I'm no5 don't expect anyone to buy anything, am quite independent, she is far from broke, just gone a round the world trip!

CrazyPlateLady Tue 30-Nov-10 19:23:58

It probably does sound ungrateful but I know what you mean.

My SIL got DS a pack of 3 vests when he was born and that was it.

Why is it your responsibility? Can't your DH sort it out? I never get my MIL presents. I suggested last year that we give her a photo of DS in a frame that was done professionally. We did and she has never put it up. The only time I saw it, it was lying on the side under some stuff. She can sod off now.

Wasn't something she had suggested so clearly not good enough.

Xales Tue 30-Nov-10 19:26:14

I'm sure asda must do a multipack of size 20+ pants, if you are lucky you may find some really putrid coloured ones................

MoonUnitAlpha Tue 30-Nov-10 19:26:30

Shouldn't your DP be buying his mother's present anyway? Just stay out of it.

happycamel Tue 30-Nov-10 19:30:25

YANBU

But I don't think it's got anything to do with your DD. I just think its DH's problem to deal with his mother.

Or if he's incompetent at that sort of thing and you'd cause more trouble for yourself by risking her not getting anything then get a small box of posh chocs and leave it at that.

DuelingFanio Tue 30-Nov-10 19:36:19

YANBU to not want to do it, though not wanting to do it because you're pissed off with the size/cost of the present she got you is a bit unreasonable.

Get DH to do it when he does the rest of his Christmas shopping.

MadamDeathstare Tue 30-Nov-10 19:39:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ephiny Tue 30-Nov-10 19:48:06

YANBU, I don't buy presents for DPs family and don't think it should have to be the wife/girlfriend's responsibility, though it often seems to be.

I don't get why you're offended about the pack of vests though, seems quite a sensible idea. I wouldn't buy posh expensive stuff for a newborn as (a) the baby doesn't care about fashion, (b) it's sure to get messy and (c) they'll outgrow it in a few weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now