Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed with this ebayer

(16 Posts)
Filibear Tue 30-Nov-10 16:24:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Filibear Tue 30-Nov-10 16:26:48

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

StealthPolarBear Tue 30-Nov-10 16:26:50

dont know but that is crap
can you at least respond to the feedback?

Filibear Tue 30-Nov-10 16:27:55

you'll have to raise a dispute.

what a twat.

ItalianLady Tue 30-Nov-10 16:31:04

Seems to me he was pulling a fast one. It is so obvious.

Myleetlepony Tue 30-Nov-10 16:31:18

You can reply to bad feedback, and you can also start a request to have it removed. pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedback/respond.html

propercrimbo Tue 30-Nov-10 16:36:07

Hiya, I assume from what you have said that it was a mobile phone?
I had real problems with scammer buying mobiles then not sending money, or asking for the item to be shipped to africa or somewhere out of the UK.
If the package arrived stamped damaged in transit, Royal Mail should surely have a record of it, otherwise he is talking crap!
If you haven't heard from him I would put it down as a scammer who has met his match, but yes the -ve feedback is really annoying.. grrrrrr!!

Filibear Tue 30-Nov-10 16:36:23

Filibear Tue 30-Nov-10 16:40:44

Myleetlepony Tue 30-Nov-10 16:48:05

Why do you say that you have given it away for free? Didn't he pay before you sent it? If he were to open a Paypal dispute then you would actually be in a strong position, because you've used a trackable method of posting and taken reasonable steps to solve the problem. All the emails that have been sent get forwarded to Paypal, and if he's been nasty they will see. The money gets frozen while the dispute is running, not automatically refunded.
So, are you out of pocket at this point?

AllGoodNamesGone Tue 30-Nov-10 16:52:53

It sounds like a scam as a genuine buyer would surely not have had a problem sending you photos.

Don't refund him. Wait for him to raise a dispute with eBay if he wants a refund, they will tell him to post it back to you (trackable) before they refund him. If he's genuine, he'll send it and then, if it is damaged, you'll be able to make the claim with Royal Mail surely.

Leave a calm factual reply to his feedback, using MyleetlePony's link above and sensible buyers will be able to see what's really going on.

Filibear Tue 30-Nov-10 17:05:38

propercrimbo Thu 02-Dec-10 10:29:22

I agree, I had a buyer who wanted a refund for a handbag as she said the description was 10' and it was 11' seriously!!
Anyway they raise a dispute via paypal and paypal hold the money so neither of you have access to it, then the buyers send back the item, you then have to authorise paypal to release the money to them as long as you are happy the item is as you sent it. It's a pretty fair way actually.
If it was damaged by Rayla Mail you would then take it up with them, but I would find out about that before refunding him.
Although this convo is from two days ago so you have prob sorted it now!! ha!

strumpet82 Thu 02-Dec-10 10:37:07

Sounds to me Filibear that your buyer was trying it on. I bet they did it themselves!

strumpet82

bupcakesandcunting Thu 02-Dec-10 10:51:32

He wzs trying it on. Think about it; a genuine customer with a genuine damaged item would be doing their best to sort it out.

Ebay gives so much favour to the buyers now and sellers get sod all protection. It sucks because some unscrupulous people take advantage of it. Like sellers never get shafted by buyers. You should at least be able to make a request to leave bad feedback for a bad seller it makes me so cross angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now