Talk

Advanced search

Question about insurance (didn't want to hijack other thread)

(7 Posts)
RealityVom Tue 30-Nov-10 12:23:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bumperella Tue 30-Nov-10 12:25:23

Don't THINK there's a problem. But personally I'd check with the insurers' to be sure. If they can wriggle out of paying a claim, then they will......

NewTeacher Tue 30-Nov-10 12:33:38

YES...Insurers will usually ask who uses the car most - named driver or owner. It should be fine to say you as you are a spouse and it shouldnt make any difference but you should let the insurance company know.

Its generally regarded as a problem if you have a U21 as a named driver and you are insuring in your name as its too expensive to do it in the U21 's name IYSWIM.

Niceguy2 Tue 30-Nov-10 12:34:19

You'll be fine. The insurance company cannot prove who drives the most miles unless you say "oh i drive more miles in that car!"

oldraver Tue 30-Nov-10 13:56:59

I've thought abotu this today as well as now B/F no longer has a work van and is driving my car to work 4 nights a week. I think at the moment I am still the driver that uses is mostly. We didnt have to pay any extra premiums to have him added, though I wonder if he was the 'main driver' if it would come down.

RealityVom Tue 30-Nov-10 14:06:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CMOTdibbler Tue 30-Nov-10 14:11:09

If you do roughly the same mileage, its really not a problem. Its when the main driver is not a driver of the vehicle, and especially when it is done with an intent to defraud (as in the case where parents insure a vehicle in their name even though their child will always drive it as it brings the premium right down)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now