Talk

Advanced search

to vow never to go on the other mums site again...

(49 Posts)
natandchris10 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:21:46

You know the one i mean?!! net mums

I like to have a little flick through the convos every so often but they are getting worse...so far this week we have had..

a row over that MP fella holding up formula milk on TV

and someone not wanting to start a row over a bottle warming thingy in boots.. but actually started a huge row over bottle vs the breast

AND People actually making complaints to the BBC over the MP fella! Do these people have nothing better to bloody do?!! i seriously dont get how you can be offended over seeing a formula box or a bottle!!!

It used to be good now its full of jumped up arseholes who try to bypass swear filters with to many bloody "!""$@@E££1's.. now i am fully turned mumsnetter.. fuck em i say!

RANT OVER...

DanceInTheDark Mon 29-Nov-10 22:23:13

That has all happened here too.

but without the tickers and the hugs [winks]

Portofino Mon 29-Nov-10 22:23:20

Um the MP with the formula milk made it here too, but of course yanbu.

natandchris10 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:24:54

is it rly? i havnt seen it..They actually put it as a hot topic in NEWS!! WTF?

There is one woman on there who is a vile human being who told someone that their child would be disabled as she didnt breast feed...

ArfurSleep Mon 29-Nov-10 22:25:18

fgs leave them alone

there is no need to come here and diss them

no need at all

mega bitchy

TheSugarPlumFairy Mon 29-Nov-10 22:25:41

you need to read in Breast and Bottle Feeding more often. grin

FunnysInTheGarden Mon 29-Nov-10 22:26:32

have you never been on the BF/FF boards? I dare you to start a convo about FF.............

And in what way has netmums ever been 'good'?

ratspeaker Mon 29-Nov-10 22:26:53

Hugz hun I feel ur pain

LowLevelWhingeing Mon 29-Nov-10 22:27:24

have you seen some of the shit that gets talked about here??? grin

HairyMclary1979 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:34:39

nat i am a former netmummer as well and i agree it's fucking shit now, i feel like saying to some of them fgs get a life and stop telling everyone else how to run theirs

natandchris10 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:35:14

arfursleep.. i have been a netmum for yonks... i have converted from their truly shite boards..

Lowlevel on here there is a different kind of feel to it..i dont no what but its just honest no reporting because ya told someone to fuck off ....

MummieDeckTheHallsOutHunnie Mon 29-Nov-10 22:37:24

what is bf/ff?

DanceInTheDark Mon 29-Nov-10 22:38:24

You need a better nickname if you are sticking around though.
IMO anyway.

HairyMclary1979 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:44:48

breastfeeding and formular feeding mummie

HairyMclary1979 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:46:11

it good to see i'm not the only one fed up of the shit on there, it's a more open feel over here, you get told honestly to fuck off if your talking crap

SantasNutellaFairy Mon 29-Nov-10 22:55:58

yep- NMers have frequently come over here and called us all itches or beachesgrin

There is a frankness to MN that feels friendly I think. It can come across as a bit abrupt, but we call a spade a spade here although whether it is a sofa/ a couch/ a settee is up for debate!grin

HairyMclary1979 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:57:14

it's great to be able to swear as well although i think i've be supressed on NM and it's all coming out now.

backwardpossom Mon 29-Nov-10 23:01:49

YABU for even going over to the dark side and reading it in the first place grin

HairyMclary1979 Mon 29-Nov-10 23:05:03

in all fairness i didn't even know about this place, it was only when it was mentioned on the other forum that i realised you guys existed,

stickylittlefingers Mon 29-Nov-10 23:11:55

I only found mumsnet because I wasn't very good at googling netmums. So I can't feel superior really (I would try again but the tickers sound complicated)

MerrilyDefective Mon 29-Nov-10 23:21:41

The shite site that cannot be named.

MrsRhettButler Mon 29-Nov-10 23:33:09

i am eternally grateful that i accidentally managed to reverse the words 'net' and 'mum' grin

i don't like to think what may have happened had i not......

well anyhoo, i googled something about the net and mums and a thread from here popped up... 'my in laws are literally trying to kill my son' or something to that effect... i forget now....

anyway, a whole new world of bunfights opened before my eyes and i have never looked back!

natandchris10 Tue 30-Nov-10 11:05:45

okay so im sticking around... mission is to find a better screen name then x i am glad everyone is in agreement x

TheSleepFairy Tue 30-Nov-10 11:25:44

nat you could be IHateNetMums or NetMumsIsShite ?

santasbluebaubles Tue 30-Nov-10 12:40:59

I accidently <ahem> wandered onto Netmums the other day. I read a post written entirely in text speak. It was so awful I was tempted to copy and paste it over here and invite everyone to take the piss. I didn't though because I'm not really that mean!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: